Captain Marvel pin cushion & needlebook

I volunteered to be a swap angel for a non-LC swap. Theme: comics / superheroes, and size was “a few hours of work”. The swapper likes Captain Marvel & Wonder Woman. She also likes cross-stitch and other crafting, and has a cat. So I made her a Captain Marvel pin cushion & needle-book to use while crafting, and a Wonder Woman kicker for her cat.

The pin cushion is the Captain Marvel logo. The needle-book has a silhouette of the orange ‘cat’ Goose, and some Flerken tentacles that wrap around the back of the needle-book. (I had no idea what the heck this all was … i am not a super hero fan! But Goose I like - a cat with mouth tentacles that can instantly consume objects?!? No spiders in THAT cat’s house!)

Three felt pages for needles & pins inside:

In progress:

13 Likes

These are darling! I bet they were much appreciated by the recipient!

2 Likes

These are great. The Flerken is awesome and a kicker for the cat is sweet.

1 Like

The whole Flerken thing was a surprise to me. Oh look, she has a kitty companion! How cute! I … wait, what is happening to the cat?! Is that cat’s mouth … oh wow. Um. Ok. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

What a cute little gift collection! And your own pin cushion is pretty cute, too.

1 Like

It is from Fabric & Ink , i got it before she got so popular that her updates sell out in minutes! I have three of hers i rotate using, but one is wearing out & needs repair. I have started making my own now, so i can have a cushion & needle-book (and needles & scissors & thread conditioner & laying tool etc etc) with each WIP! That means I never have to hunt down supplies in order to do a bit of work on whatever catches my fancy at a creative moment.

1 Like

Cute and useful items! The kicker has to be my fav, though. I can totally imagine a cat bunny-kicking it and gnawing on the golden strings. What did you cushion it with?

1 Like

Great projects! Very thoughtfully done, and they look awesome!

1 Like

Just polyfill, crammed in tight. I did a french seam on the red/blue seam, wanted it to be able to handle a lot of wear & tear from kicking!

1 Like

Those are great. Love the cat kicker

:bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: Ring-a-ding-ding! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell:

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I love that you Have a flerken on the needle book, that’s super cute.

2 Likes

What a lovely sewing set!

1 Like

Ahhh I love these so much!

1 Like

These are so cute! I have to say, I use the heck out of my needlebook and handmade pincushions, so I’m sure the recipient will love these!

Very good idea to make a special cat toy–keeps kitty away from the pincushion! (Or maybe my cat’s the only insane one who tries to eat pins and needles, LOL).

1 Like

My cats like to watch me stitch but i am paranoid & never let them touch the pins/needles/thread. It’s been a few years now so they don’t even try these days - but I still put all supplies in bins with lids when not in use!

And they are allowed to bite the nail clippers before getting claws trimmed so they get their metal aggression out on it. :wink: