Carter Swoon Bag

Gorgeous. Was it difficult to work with the faux leather?

2 Likes

Wow! That bag is stunning, @gozer !!

What kind of club is that?

1 Like

Faux leather wasn’t hard at all @Onyxnox. Don’t be intimidated by it, just use a walking foot and you’ll be fine.
@kaz814 this was a former bag of the month club pattern but it’s available to everyone now. I’m currently in the newest round at bagomc.com. I’ve got the new pattern but I am waiting on the fabric I ordered. It’s killing me. I want to start now!

3 Likes

A truly stunning bag, and Kitty approves!

1 Like

I’m very eager to see next month’s bag

1 Like

Me too @edel. I think it is going to be a wallet of some sort… We will see! This bag was from the 2018 series.

Wow. :flushed: It’s impeccable!

1 Like

I love the shape and the fabric used! It looks really professional!

1 Like

@gozer, eagerly awaiting on this months bag. No pressure :wink:

1 Like

It’s a wallet. I am sort of dreading it. There are so many fiddly little parts and pieces to cut out. But I swore that I would make all the patterns no matter what.

1 Like

This is fabulous! I love her bag patterns, and I may have to pick this one up too!

1 Like

Agreed. Swoon has amazing patterns. They are well written and sturdy. I have experienced way too many patterns that look nice but don’t have the proper interfacing. Swoon does.

You can do it! I made that angel wallet from the old site and it turned out just great the first go. Less difficult than a bag in my opinion. I’m looking forward to hearing what you thought of it and seeing how it looks :slight_smile:

@Magpie The next pattern from the 2020 version of the club is all new pattern designers. This bag was from the 2018 round. The wallet is not by Swoon. I am really happy I didn’t start it last weekend because I just got notice that they updated the pattern today. I guess people were having some problems with it.

Your bag looks so well constructed! And what a great use for that fabric! I made a dress with it a couple years ago, myself.

1 Like