Carter Swoon Bag

Since I am starting a new Bag of the Month Club to get myself motivated to sew again I thought I would add a post from the last Bag of the Month Club that I did back in October of 2018. I chose this one because it had pictures of my dear Egon with it. He is such a handsome fellow. :heart_eyes_cat:
The pattern is called the Carter and it is by Swoon Patterns. I am a real fan of her designs. Her bags are nice and stable and the instructions clear. This one features two open compartments and a zippered compartment in between.
I was nervous to start this one because it called for rivets, which I had never done. They looked so intimidating but were actually quite easy! I was so surprised. The club is really pushed me out of my comfort zone and making me try new techniques. I hope this new round does the same. The push locks were new for me too.
For this bag I didnā€™t use my normal focus type fabrics and went with Tim Holtz Eclectic instead. I had to have the fabric when I saw it at my local store but had no idea what I would use it for. I think it went well with this pattern. I put the ā€œRā€ in the front since that is my initial, so I did fussy cut.
111903_23Oct18_eGON_cARTER 111903_23Oct18_Carter_front 111903_23Oct18_Carter_Back 111903_23Oct18_Carter_open
Thanks for checking it out. I just figured this board needed some more purse/bag love. :luggage:

29 Likes

And I was lucky enough to now be the owner of this bag! Itā€™s amazingly created and I canā€™t wait to see where your new bagalong takes you.

3 Likes

That looks so pro. Iā€™m going to be watching for all your purse and bag posts. It is so hard choosing just the right one, I love seeing what you made because you show the details so well. I am going to find the perfect bag pattern for myself this year, Iā€™m determined!

2 Likes

Awe. I am so glad you liked it!

1 Like

I really like the shape of the bag. Very nice!

1 Like

You always do such a good job on the bags. This is really lovely

1 Like

I have this pattern sitting in my queue, this may be the kick in the pants I need to get going on it! Love it!!

2 Likes

@bethntim Iā€™d love to see the fabrics you choose!

1 Like

Oooh I love it! I may need to check this pattern out! :heart:

2 Likes

Now thatā€™s a stylish cat, uhm, bag! I have a couple patterns I have purchased to make bags, but I havenā€™t really moved past tote bags. I am excited to be inspired by your new works.

2 Likes

The bag is totally cool. But I have to admit, it was the kitty that caught my attention initially! :smile:

3 Likes

Your bags are quite inspirationalā€¦unique fabrics and beautiful constructionā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what he is there for. Heā€™s the bate to make you click. Ha! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I totally get it! Iā€™m not above using my fluffy orange kitty in my social media posts to get extra attention to my jewelry!! :smile::smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! I love the mix of the Tim Holtz with the leather/faux leather. Great texture contrast.

2 Likes

That is just gorgeous!

2 Likes

Itā€™s faux.

The bag is amazing, glad that you decided to try the pattern. I really like the colour and pattern of the bag, and the kitty is adorable! No wonder you wanted to use the picture.

2 Likes

That is a really great bag! and I love Egon :cat:

2 Likes

I love the shape of that and the straps and buckles!

1 Like