Carved Stamps

This may be completely in the wrong spot, but I think it fits here. Let me know if I need to move it.
Every year I like to try out new techniques, tools, or types of crafts. For 2020, I said I was going to carve a stamp. I got the kit to do it and then froze up. It was just so open. I could do anything, so I got paralyzed and did nothing. I also was under the idea that it was going to be super hard. Nope! It was really easy and fun!
I wanted to make something I would use again and again, so I went with a Lettuce Craft Snail Mail stamp. I hope you can see what it is. I colored it in to make it a bit clearer.

This was the first stamp that I made. It was in December, so I made my goal for 2020. I made it for @Bunny1kenobi. It’s her name, I call her Bunny1.

I enjoyed stamp making and plan to at least finish up the block I have. I just don’t use them that often. They were fun to make though!

34 Likes

Those are great! As soon as I saw the first one, I knew what it was!

1 Like

Both of these are amazing and you can definitely tell that the first one is a lettuce snail mail stamp even without the coloring. It’s so fun to get kits to start out a new craft! LOVE IT!

2 Likes

Those are really great! Hmmm, do I need to learn to make stamps?

1 Like

Yes, they are fun and easy! I got the super cheap kit for $7 and used the Michael’s coupon to make it even cheaper.

2 Likes

Those turned out fantastic! The LC snail mail is super cute, and the bunny1 is perfect for her! Well done you!

1 Like

@magpie gave me a great tip on the tool to use that cuts like butter…it is a small cuticle tool…I bought a fancy set of carving tools and rarely use them…

I love your lettuce stamp and yes, I definitely recognized the stamp for bunny1!! ha ha ha

Ooops forgot to post a picture of the tool I use…

3 Likes

These are great

1 Like

These came out awesome! I love the idea of trying something new every year.

1 Like

Love that little snail! You did a great job on both. Yeah for new crafts!

1 Like

I would never, ever have believed these were your opening attempts at stamp carving!

I feel this so hard…

5 Likes

Very cool stamps, good job!
I’ve also been thinking about trying to carve stamps. I’ll probably have to do a bunny as well, as it’s one of my daughter’s nicknames :rabbit2:

3 Likes

Do cute! I love them and you did a great job!

1 Like

Ooo. This makes me want to try. These are so cool. I love the snail!

1 Like

These turned out great! I can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

1 Like

Curious if you use any wood or hard backing on the stamp for better pressure, or just a raw stamp block?

1 Like

You can. My Mom has clear blocks that she puts her stamps on. She mentioned that to me, but I don’t stamp enough to worry about it.

1 Like

these are super cute. I wouldn’t have guessed it was your first attempts.

1 Like

These are so cute! Well done.

1 Like

Those stamps are looking great. Is that carved from a rubber block? Or more lino?

1 Like