Casserole Carrier - Finally

I do not normally cook. The only thing I make is a killer mac-n-cheese. I make it for Thanksgiving every year and my family raves about it. They call e weeks ahead of time making sure I will make it and fight over the left overs. It is literally the only thing I can make. It has bacon, about 6 different cheeses, and Cheese-Its. It’s scrumptious.
Anyway, every year I get annoyed with myself because I don’t have any way of nicely bringing it over to my parents. So I wrap it in a towel and shake a finger at myself for not having made a casserole carrier AGAIN this year, and promise myself I will make it before next year. That ritual lasted three years. But never again! I finally made it!!!
My kitchen counters are brown and cream-ish and I accent with a bright lime green. I found some super cute mushroom fabric that worked perfectly. Its reversible and the inside is a patterened brown fabric.

The carrier will fit a 9x13 Pyrex dish nicely,

and adjust to smaller sizes too.

It has Insulbrite inside to keep the dish warm and the counters un-scorched. I was so happy with it that I made a dish and used it for our Labor Day cook out! I plan on making another one for the STS when I get enough time.
Thanks for checking it out!

29 Likes

:astonished:. I MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE!!! Oh my goodness it’s the most perfect thing in the history of Ever. I need to get this pattern from you! (Christmas is coming!) AND I will be watching your STS shop like a hawk……

6 Likes

I like the shape of that!

5 Likes

This is so cool & functional!
And I enjoyed reading the story behind it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice! I finally made a carrier for my deviled egg dishes. Makes potlucks so much easier!

3 Likes

Oh, I love it! It’s neat how it will adjust to different shapes and sizes.

2 Likes

I second what @Bunny1kenobi said! This is awesome, and I need one. I also use a plethora of tea towels to transport dishes to family functions. :joy:

2 Likes

Oh my! I want the recipe and the carrier!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes to sharing the recipe. I make a 4-cheese version - have not heard of 6 cheese.

2 Likes

There is no set recipe. I make it to taste. I prepare the noodles in chicken broth. It has riccotta ( with garlic added), sharp cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar sauce, and crumbled Cheese-Its on top. I add thick cut, applewood smoked bacon peices. I think the best part is the white pepper. It might not be fancy to anyone else, but to somewho doesnt cook, it is. Oh, and butter and milk mixed in there.

9 Likes

You can add me to the list of ppl that want one :wave:

3 Likes

It sounds delicious!

2 Likes

I love that it is adjustable! Cute fabric as well!

Your version of mac’n’cheese sounds absolutely delicious! I mean, more cheese is the best!

2 Likes

Adorable!!!

2 Likes

Versatile, cute, and functional. The best kind of craft! Looks so handy!

2 Likes

It came out so great!

2 Likes

Woo hoo! :maple_leaf: Your wondrous craft is on of this week’s Featured Projects! :maple_leaf:

2 Likes

What a great project - fun and functional! I love that you tied the colors into your kitchen color scheme. It’s like bringing a little bit of home wherever you go!

2 Likes