Cat Brooch

IMG_20200227_180258%20SM

Have been working on tools lately, but wanted to get something felted done today. Made this little guy and a put together a second version of the Hook, Line & Sinker necklace ( I don’t have a good photo of it just yet).

25 Likes

I’m a sucker for a kitty cat!

2 Likes

Sooo cute!

2 Likes

What a cutie!

2 Likes

This is so charming. The shape is very unique and interesting and that face, cute! Have you considered whiskers? I’m pretty sure that would push this project over the top.

2 Likes

I had planned whiskers, but son needed a food run and it was my turn to cook dinner for house guests and I had just pulled the brooch out of the dehydrator! I’ll put whiskers on this morning and get another photo! :cat2:

1 Like

I just squealed with delight!!! Darling!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!! :blush:

Finishing touches added!! :cat2:IMG_20200228_100355 SM

8 Likes

ha! Harlan, he looks like he’s on a dangerous type of ice skate! And is HAPPY to be doing so!

I really like his shape. It’s very stylized, yet immediately recognizable.

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

I just saw this comment. Like a food dehydrator? Is that how you are able to get the felting completed so fast? (i.e. dry so quickly)

2 Likes

Ah! I love him with the little bow tie!!

2 Likes

The whiskers add so much character! He’s such a cutie!

2 Likes

It is so cute! You can’t see me, but I’m making grabby hands at the screen. :open_hands:

2 Likes

The shape is a doodle from my sketch book. There were several cats on that page.

Yes, a food dehydrator which I’ve had to modify to accommodate thicker pieces.
Found it on sale and thought that would be very helpful which, indeed, it is! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So stinking cute!

1 Like

SEE! What did I tell you? Whiskers put that cute kitty right over the top. Gah, that is adorable!

1 Like

What a cutie :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Adore your bewhiskered kitty!

1 Like

I really like to see your dream-work! It is mindboggling how a small sketch finished with gusto!

The food dehydrator is really clever!! Did you remove racks to make for more space?

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I had to cut out layers - the dehydrator I have has stacking disks - so I have to cut out the grill layer and tape the cut plastic edges so they won’t grab/snag fiber. I also created a fiber donut over which I stretched tulle which I sewed around the edges of the lowest disk layer so that the ribs in the layer don’t leave impressions on the fiber.
IMG_20200129_100011 SM

2 Likes

This is ingenious! I never would have imagined a solution like this! I bet it works like a dream!

1 Like