Cat House Miniature Kit

I picked up one of those miniature kits online. I did not know what I was getting myself into! :laughing: It was so cute, though, I stuck with it, and after probably 50ish hours of work, it came together.

Lights on!

Welcome!

Every little detail had to be made - that handle on the gate was just a strip of wire I had to cut and shape.

These individual cat food cans were painstaking - tiny strips of paper and silver tape formed into cans, and thin wire cut and shaped into the tabs. The cat bed was made by coiling a raffia kind of cord, the pillow was made separate, and the little spring toy is twisted wire and cut out paper pieces.

Each individual flower was made separately.

There were a few things I changed, like keeping the slide white instead of painting it, just because I liked that look better. The cat head sign had a piece that was supposed to say “THE SIGN,” but I thought it looked cuter without it.

Here are a few closeups of some of the items before I placed them:

mini1 - Copy

mini2 - Copy

You can’t see it on any of the photos, but the cats all have backsides, too. They were paper prints placed on wood flats.

Thanks for stopping by!

26 Likes

This is so adorable! And, what a project! All those things are so tiny, too!

I just love your personal touches and all of the things you made to keep the cats happy! Those tiny plants and toys are just too much!

2 Likes

Wow! That was a lot of work, but the final effect is just purr-fect.

3 Likes

All of those details! Amazing! :hearts:

2 Likes

All that work sure packs a lot of cute! You rocked it!

2 Likes

So very very cute! I love it!!

1 Like

Perfect, now my cats want to move in!

I just read a story on how a husband freaked out when his wife wanted to use the 2nd bedroom (currently the CAT"S BEDROOM!) into a nursery for their 10-month-old, who has been sleeping in their bedroom. The husband went bonkers, sulked in the cat’s room for hours, and completely refused. And he wanted kids! He called his cat his cat daughter. Maybe he needs a this.

4 Likes

This is absolutely adorable! You can tell that it took hours and hours to make.

1 Like

Adorable little kitty-scene! I know these miniature scenes do take a lot of time; it’s nice to have something so fun to look at, if you are going to have to look at it for so long. And in such detail, too. Nice!

2 Likes

So much detail! It’s darling.

1 Like

Oh my! Looks like it’s cats’ night in!

1 Like

Thank you all so much! It was fun, if sometimes frustrating - worth it, though, for the cuteness factor! :smiley:

1 Like

That is an impressive amount of detail, amazing!

1 Like

:cherry_blossom: Congratulations! :blossom: Your super cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :tulip:

1 Like

So cute! And such good work. I’ve always heard those kits are beasts.

1 Like

Oh wow! This is too adorable.

1 Like

This is wonderful, where did you get this kit? It’s quite different from the ones I’ve seen. They do take ages, but it’s quite meditative just following the instructions (until you superglue tiny bits of wire to your fingers)

1 Like

You’re all so great!! Thank you!!! @Edel The brand is Rolife, purchased on Am*zon!

Your 50ish hours of work totally paid off. This is amazing and adorable!!! Very well done. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

So sweet, and a lot of work!

1 Like