Cat in kilt with bottle felt badge

For the felt badge swap, i made @geekgirl a badge for her “cats & whisky” theme. I decided it had to be a bottle of a good island Scotch. And thus, it had to be a Scots cat too! I couldn’t make a Scottish Wild Cat distinctive enough, so went with a general tan cat. Of course he has a kilt, with a sporran, and i used vinyl for the bottle. And off he heads across the highlands, taking some lovely scotch to a friend.

In progress:

My first draft was huge, so after this photo i tried again with a smaller cat, and that felt right.

19 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous! Your cat design, his expression, the tail and his arms wrapping around the bottle. Of course, the kilt is sweet! You did not add too much to your design. It’s simplicity is what makes it exquisite. I think you free-handed your cat design. Great drawing and great work!

2 Likes

How cute and cool! I’d have a scotch with that cat any day night.

2 Likes

That is so fun. Love the little kilt, sporran and the bottle carried so carefully!

3 Likes

I was initially thinking Laphroaig. Kitty could own a tiny piece of Scotland then and have a miniscule picnic on it. That green you used in the background is a good contrast to the red kilt. And those whiskers! Am I seeing things or is the kilt checkered?

2 Likes

Oh, my gosh. This kitty is the best. :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

3 Likes

The felted wool material is checked, yes. It is hand dyed. I got a pack of 5 colors of it from the dyer. It’s glorious material, so soft & silky.

3 Likes

I think it’s houndstooth, a very distinctive pattern that I like.

Houndstooth, hounds tooth check or hound’s tooth, also known as dogstooth, dogtooth, dog’s tooth, is a duotone textile pattern characterized by broken checks or abstract four-pointed shapes, traditionally in black and white or such contrasting dark and light pattern. ~ Wiki

He looks like he really doesn’t want to give up the bottle of Scotch! :smile:

3 Likes

Love this patch! Using vinyl for the bottle was genius. And I love how the whiskey dictated the whole story of this piece!

2 Likes

Adorable. That cat looks like he takes his whiskey seriously! Love the kilt!

2 Likes

:heart: :cat: :champagne: Congrats! Your adorable Cat in Kilt Felt Badge is a Featured Project this week! :champagne: :cat: :heart:

1 Like

How cute and detailed. You really did think of everything. Sooo adorable!

1 Like

Eeeee! Thank you!

1 Like

That sporran, though… :heart::heart:

I love that you made the bottle out of vinyl. Genius!

1 Like

This is so cute & funny!

1 Like