Cat in the rain

I drew this for the 4x6 art swap. I couldn’t figure out what to draw, so I decided to just start sketching. My Mom has an orange tabby so he was my inspiration, then it was raining really hard out and Voilà!
I drew this using Copic markers, then added white gel pen highlights. It seemed sort of plain still so I added a glittery shimmer to the rain with Spica glitter pens.

Thanks for checking it out. :grinning:
*The bottom image is a better representation of the real colors.

22 Likes

Adorable!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So cute! I love the cat’s expression.

1 Like

it’s great! I’m so glad I was the recipient!!!

2 Likes

So fun and colorful! I love the way you did the rainy background, with dark foreground raindrops on lighter background streaks. Genius to add the shimmer, although I can’t make it out very well in the pictures. Bet it really sparkles in person!

1 Like

This looks like it’s straight out of a children’s book! I am impressed with your subtle shading through color. The highlights on the boots are great. And I like the sparkles in the puddle!

2 Likes

Oh, that is delightful! :heart_eyes_cat: That shimmer is a lovely touch.

1 Like

This is so cute!

1 Like

Cute! And the colors are so vibrant!

1 Like

Adorable! Love how the kitty is holding out her paw to check for rain :smiley:

1 Like

This is so cute! Someone needs to tell Monkey that cats don’t like water. He’s obsessed with the tub and sink. If we had a faucet he could turn, our water bill would be astronomical. :joy_cat:

1 Like

I have a cat, Egon, that loves water! He turned over all the water bowls. For a long time I had them in my bathtub and shower so they wouldn’t ruin the floor. I ended up having to get a fountain that he couldn’t empty out. Silly cats!

2 Likes

This kitty is adorable! I love your art. :heart:

1 Like

So stinking cute! The content little smile is just too much.

1 Like