Cat Notebook

I think my passion for the beginning of the year will be notebooks. LOL! I love to write things down and attempt to organize myself. While walking through Michaels before Christmas, I saw a sale on these 4x4 square notebooks and thought it would be fun to try my hand at painting on the cover.

This was my first attempt. I found an inspiration pic on Pinterest and drew it out on paper. Then I transferred it to the notebook with the transfer paper I bought for stamp making.
I used ultra thin posca pens, but they weren’t that good for filling in the bigger spaces. They were great for the outline though. I think I would need a larger pen for filling in. I ended up mixing up acrylic and painting it.
I put several layers of matte clear coat to seal it. I plan to put this in my STS this year. I am sure I will have a bunch of notebooks because this was really fun.

For size. The notebook actually has a lot of pages too.

Feel free to suggest subject matter for other notebooks. Otherwise I am sure I will end up with a lot of cat notebooks. :crazy_face:

26 Likes

So cute! I’m looking forward to seeing all your notebooks!!!

2 Likes

very cute!
I predict pangolins will be the next animal craze…

3 Likes

Cuuuute!!

2 Likes

That’s adorable! And P.S. there’s absolutely nothing wrong with ending up with a clowder of cat notebooks!

3 Likes

I had to look pangolins up. So cute!!!

2 Likes

What a great way to dress up those notebooks!

2 Likes

yeah, let’s get that trend going!

2 Likes

Cats will always be a good subject!

Great job!

2 Likes

Yes, I saw those notebooks too. So cute what you did with this one. I like cats. I think they are a good subject matter.

2 Likes

Very cute! I love cats, so all cats would be fine with me.

2 Likes

This kitty is ridiculously cute!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the encouragement!

3 Likes

Meow, what a cute kitty. But is that my yarn? Nooo, naughty cutie, no!

1 Like

What cute kitty!

1 Like

Snap! I didn’t see your reply before I posted

1 Like

:mountain_snow: :medal_sports: Congratulations! This stand out project is featured this week! :medal_sports: :mountain_snow:

1 Like

It’s cat-tastic!
Very cute

Other topics:
otters
hedgehogs
(I think we al knew I would suggest those 2)
tree
turtle
fish (you paint awesome fish)

3 Likes

I vote for rabbit :rabbit2:

3 Likes

I do LOVE drawing rabbits. They are my favorite animal to draw. And the only thing I really paint is fish! Those are two fantastic ideas!
I was also thinking of flowers, because it’s a universal theme that lots of people like and could get it “sold” quicker in the STS.

3 Likes