Cat Purse for my Mom

It has been over a year, maybe two, since I have made a purse. I made my Mom one for Christmas (I think) one year, and she has used it for a very, very long time. It started to wear out and I offered to make her another one in 2020-ish but she said my Aunt had made her a purse, and she needed to use that one instead. Well, about two weeks ago, she told me she needed another purse exactly like the one I made her before. Deep breath. I have not sewn in so long! But I gave it a whirl.

The purse ended up not being an exact copy. The last one was done with the pink cat panels, and this time she chose blue.

At first, I hated cutting it out and was confused by the first instructions. Once I stopped trying to fight it and slowed down and read them properly, it was a lot of fun!

My mom is super happy. I made a few adjustments, like a shorter flap. Once it softens with use it will fall lower. It is the Coneflower pattern by Blue Calla patterns. It has two separated interior spaces, two compartment slip pockets, and a zipper pocket inside.

17 Likes

It’s really pretty!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s so pretty!

2 Likes

When I saw your title, I was imagining you used cat hair to make her a purse.

3 Likes

Incredibly beautiful from every angle! Those cats are amazing, and the purse is a perfect way to show them off.

2 Likes

Lucky Mom… this is exquisite!

2 Likes

It’s purrfect!

3 Likes

Very nice purse! The kitties and other prints make it snazzy in a fun way.

2 Likes

Beautiful job!! I have no doubt that your mom was thrilled with it!

1 Like

I love when you make bags! You are so very good at it. This looks wonderful, your mom must be so thrilled with it. I’m going to look up that pattern…

2 Likes

So well made. And the interior fabric is such eye candy!

1 Like

Beautiful stitching!

1 Like

Wow, that is wonderful! What a fabulous gift :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Between us, we would probably have enough cat hair to make a purse in a weekend! :rofl: We are cat loving people!

1 Like