Cat Themed Hidden Agenda Quilt

you asked for it, here’s another one of my cat quilts!
this time, this one shows where I get it from, as the fussy cut prints all came from my mom’s stash.
i wanted to do this pattern as a sew along on instagram with a few of my guild buddies a few years ago but wasn’t inspired by my own fabric stash to fussy cut from. I raided my mom’s, asking her whether she wanted something christmas-ish or year round. she opted for the year round option and this was created!

many of the prints came from clothes my mom had made us over the years. for reference, i’m 2nd oldest of 4, and the youngest of us is turning 24 this year :wink:
this quilt was described by one of my guild buddies as something that had the look of the gypsy wife quilt without all the Y seams.
it was super easy to do, especially sew along style, and sewed together in 4 quadrants just perfectly! i’ve slowly become a fan of fussy cutting, even when it eats up random chunks of my fabrics.
pattern is the hidden agenda quilt by angela pingle check it out here!

19 Likes

The ballet cats!! The best. So much to look at. Like a catty treasure hunt I just can’t quit.

1 Like

Using old clothes is amazing, and all those different cats just makes this quilt so cute and funny, perfect.

1 Like

As someone who is working on an actual Gypsy Quilt, I will say that your design is so nice and fun and interesting!!!

I love the colors and you truly worked on fussy cutting to showcase the cats! Excellent gift for a special person.

1 Like

Haha, those cats are sneaky from far away! I love it - great job, the piecing looks perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

cats with glasses- I love it. Love all the different shapes and fabrics. so much interest to draw the eyes.

2 Likes

I love this! As a fellow cat lover, I appreciate the fabric choices, but your work and composition are beautiful! I love that this was made from old clothes and your mom’s stash. Amazing!

2 Likes

It looks amazing and I love that you used your old clothes!

1 Like

@geekgirl so many are struggling with poor peepers!!

Tagging in @gozer for the purrfect topic

2 Likes

Thank you @JoyfulClover!
I love this quilt so much. It’s not only cats, which I am obsessed with, but it’s fussy cut. I love to fussy cut. It’s not worth cutting if I can’t fussy cut it. I love that you made this out of old clothes she made you. So many memories. It also looks like you had a fun wardrobe growing up!

2 Likes

I can’t find it now but this morning I saw a pic of a hedgehog (real) wearing a tiny pair of glasses. It was super cute. it was either Instagram or Reddit and now I can’t locate it!

3 Likes

@gozer
I heard it calling your name.

@geekgirl
We need the proofs!

2 Likes

It’s wonderful!! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Oooo I love it!

1 Like

Such cheerful kitties all over this delicious quilt! What a treasure trove of memories, being made from your own clothes that your dear mother had made.

I love her stash and wow you did great on all the fussy cutting. This would have driven me nuts. Kudos to you for doing it so well.

1 Like

Another great quilt.
Love the dancing cats and the miserable ones with bright blue eyes!