Cat Zip Pouches

I foster elderly (hospice) and disabled cats for a local shelter. They are an amazing establishment that has helped so many cats. I have been fortunate to be able to take care of some of the most amazing fur babies in the world thanks to them.
On October 1st, they are hosting their annual Christmas in October craft/vendor show. This year, I am going to share a booth with a friend of mine. I plan to take all the money I receive and donate it back to the shelter (and use my company match to double it!).
I started crafting this weekend and whipped up five cat face pouches. I have five more cut out, so you will see these again. These are the darker ones.

Thanks for checking them out, and fingers crossed they sell. I figured you couldn’t go wrong with cat stuff at a cat shelter event. Oh! And I am trying to use all stash. The only thing I bough for this was the zippers. I am trying to keep it as low cost as possible.

32 Likes

People who attend these events will love them! They would make lovely gifts to anyone, but especially to cat lovers!

3 Likes

Fun! I might do some with hanging loops, too.

2 Likes

These are great! Good for those “one for a gift/stocking stuffer one for MEEEE” shoppers.

If the pattern is easy to enlarge a bit (and you have stash that works) the shape would also be good for “purses” for toddlers/little kids.

4 Likes

So flipping adorable. Now I want to sew a bunch of cat stuff I have no reason to make, lol. I love them.

2 Likes

I already plan on doing a hanging type pouch too, but in a different style. :wink: Great minds! :grinning:

3 Likes

Cool, and great fabrics!
Make nice catnip toys if you leave off the zip

2 Likes

I’m not even that into cat stuff, and I’m over here like “Look at the Lisa Frank-y cat faces :heart_eyes_cat:!”

4 Likes

I thought about making cat nip toys, but another lady had fleece circle ones for $1, and she donated the sale of those to the shelter. I don’t want to step on her toes. My cats loved the ones she made too. They still play with them, and they lose interest in toys quickly.

3 Likes

Great fabric selection. It’s great that these probably don’t take up too much fabric so you can make a good variety like this!

2 Likes

These are adorable, and for such a great cause!

2 Likes

Oh these are perfect for the event! Love that rainbow cat fabric. Good luck!!

2 Likes

So adorable! And a perfect product for the venue and the cause.

2 Likes

Those are wonderful pouches AND you’re destashing. I would think these will sell. They would be great for tissues or feminine products or kitty treats for those that can walk on a leash. My fav is the multicolor large cat faces.
I really love my orange cat tote that I purchased from the STS swap last year. I’m not sure if your area has moved to charging for plastic bags, but a nice tote will def sell too.
I love it that you’re donating proceeds to the shelter. Those kittles deserve a chance at a happy life.

3 Likes

The shelter has done a lot for the cats I adopt/foster. They saved my little Tobin’s life. She was run over by a fire truck escaping a fire and they spent a lot of money to keep her alive. They ended up having to amputate her leg and hip, but she is such an active happy girl now. Her Gotcha Day was one year ago yesterday and I am thankful for every day with this little lady! I hope I can raise some funds so other cats can have a fighting chance too.

8 Likes

These are cute!! Perfect for cat lovers, I think they’ll be very popular :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

So sweet and a good size too! My sis has 2 cats and I could make 2 and give to her, in the colors of her one gray and one gold striped tabbys. Do you scavenge zippers? I have a large bag of them. TFS your lovely project!

4 Likes

I’d buy one…or maybe two, I love them all. What a fun way to donate time and $$. We foster mama cats and kittens and the foster/rescue/shelter organization we work for is phenomenal. And we get to have kittens to raise, love, and play with several times a year.
As you know, fostering is work, but the rewards are wonderful. We know that we have raised kittens to go to forever homes and make others happy.

6 Likes

Ironically, I am not a kitten fan. Ha! I mean, I like them, but I prefer the little old ladies. Those are the ones that capture my heart. I have two special needs cats that I got when each was one year old (a year apart). One is missing a back leg, and the other has CH. It was an adjustment to have so much crazy energy back in the house. My other cats are 8 (two of them) and an 18 1/2 year old. I was used to relative peace and quiet. I cannot imagine a litter of kittens. LOL! That must be insane!

5 Likes

Kittens are insane and insanely cute. My DW loves kittens, but we can’t keep adding kittens to the family, the silly things grow up. So fostering fills the kitten need. And we often have to finish socializing a mom cat as well, we get good mom cats, but some need extra attention to get them ready for their forever home. My heart goes out to the older and disabled cats. So many have lost their owner, or been dumped outside. It’s special work fostering cats and dogs. You love them, then send them on their way happier and healthier.

5 Likes