Ceramic hanging pots

I made a bunch of hanging vases this summer for an upcoming festival. This is a small selection of them. The pot hanging in my kitchen window with plants in it is the one I kept for myself. It was really fun to throw on the potter’s wheel again after such a long hiatus. I think that I will most definitely be making more.

26 Likes

Those are so pretty! Wow! I love them.

Beautiful Candice! And how great that you had such fun making these. Love them!

I love the shape of these- really satisfying! I bet they sell like hot cakes!

These are so pretty, @artsycandice! Love the swirl designs. I don’t know how you can give any of them away; they are all so pretty!

1 Like

Ooh, I love those! Great hanging solution and the colours are simply lovely.

1 Like

They’re gorgeous! All of them. I look forward to seeing more of your pottery pieces :smile:

1 Like

Those are beautiful - I love the various textures and colours. I would love those just hanging everywhere and would love to see them as tree ornaments too!

2 Likes

I knew you were great at so many crafty things, but never knew you were so good at pottery too. these are so much fun. The texture is crazy amazing.

2 Likes

These are really lovely! Can’t wait to see more of your pieces…esp the crow/heart one!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love how cheerful they are.

1 Like

I love your textures too! And throwing can be such good therapy, haha!

1 Like

So beautiful! I love the colors and designs!

1 Like

Gorgeous pots, and I love the designs in each one!

1 Like

Those are beautiful! I love the texture on the light blue one too… it almost looks like ocean waves

Stuff like this just amazes me. I can make all kinds of things out of fabric, but this is way outside my skillset so it’s just that much cooler to me. Really beautiful work.

1 Like

I took a series of classes at our local art center for the first time last year…and now I’m doubly impressed with your work!

Lol, thanks. I’ve been sculpting in some form or another since I was five. I took ceramics, both hand-building and wheel throwing in college about ten years ago. I have been off the ceramic track for several years and brought it back into my life this past spring when I spontaneously took a week-long workshop with the artist, Alessandro Gallo :heartpulse:. It reignited my passion for sculpting and I’ve been doing nothing but since. :smile:

4 Likes

@artsycandice it was such a new world for me. Learning how to guide, and finesse. Different than my other mediums. One very kind lady came by and told me I was trying to go to fast, to slow down a bit, and it would stop crashing. It was hard to be new to something again.

But I also found it really exciting to try a new medium, and see how I felt about it. To push through the discomfort and embrace the challenge. I like your little carvey bits.

The carvey-part is my favorite! There is a sweet spot when it is leather hard that is the best. Chills. :grin: