Chaffle: A low carb waffle

Caveat: You need a mini waffle maker for this food!
Any other low carb dieters out there? I am always on the hunt for an easy, quick, healthy recipe that’s also low carb. Chaffles are definitely on that list!
Basically all you need is a few eggs, some cheese of your choice, some nut flour, salt, a bit of baking powder and any extras you want to add! Do you want to make them savory or sweet? Add-ins will depend on what you’re in the mood for.
You can also make a large batch or a small batch you’ll just have to follow basic ratio rules and they’ll turn out great. My family has a ton of eggs (chickens and ducks) so this is a great way to use them up!
Here’s the basic ratio or recipe I used. (I eyeball everything and opted for a large batch)
6 eggs
A handful of sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup coconut flour plus a few tablespoons
1/2 tsp baking powder
season to taste
Extras I opted for: bacon crumbles
Try it, tell me what you think!

9 Likes

I think they look delicious

We are low carb eaters and these look yummy. I only have a large waffle maker but I should be able to just use a small section.

1 Like

These sound delicious! Bookmarking this for my diabetic hubby!

Shut up! Those sound so good.

These sound amazing! Would be good with soup or chili too
I put cornbread (a la Jiffy) in my waffle iron when I make chili and this was the first thing that came to mind

1 Like

@Homerof2 Let me know how using your large waffle iron works. I have thought about using my regular sized one but have read that it doesn’t turn out the same when you do…so I’m curious!