Challenge chain 2021, COMPLETED CRAFTS and chat go here!

I did 2 projects based on @Reinikka’s “water” challenge.
First these 3 water colour pages. Yes, I know they look horrible but that’s how you start a masterboard. I promise they are gonna turn out beautiful :wink:.

Next up are these washed paper bags for book making.

You cut & flatten them, crumple up, get wet, squeeze, flatten, hang to dry, then iron as flat as possible.

5 Likes

This made me chuckle … you flatten them, then crumple them :joy:

1 Like

I know! It’s quite the process. Open up or cut the bottom & side seam off, open & stack the bags flat, transport to the basement laundry sink, crumple, wet, squeeze, carefully open up & hang to dry. And then the ironing, lol. Seriously! It’s a lot of work & feels quite goofy but I do quite like the end result. I’d better make some books quickly though, where to store that enormous pile?

1 Like

I picked @Magpie’s challenge of Finish and today finished a tote bag …

Not sure why the colour looks different between the two pictures, the actual colour is on the left.

2 Likes

Nice! The yellow handles are great with that print. You know, I am going to follow your lead & take on my own challenge to finish some bags that just need handles. I think they’ve been in the wip pile for 2 or 3 years now. Oops!

Very pretty and fun tote!

Same here…I have about four totes in various stages of finish…this is the year to just get it done! (ala @edel)…

1 Like

This little ami fits @Bunny1kenobi’s prompt “green.”

The sprout even grows!

I’m putting it up as my prize in the Lettuce All Raffle.

5 Likes

Looks like a happy and bright little guy!

Very clever how it grows! Great idea for people who want a little green but don’t have luck with real plants!

2 Likes

Cute little sprout! And I love the fabric on that tote!

3 Likes

Cute! So neat it’s interactive.

2 Likes

That’s so cute!

FYI … your link to the Lettuce All Raffle takes people to the wrong place.

2 Likes

Thanks, I like the little sprout too. I found the pattern on this crochet site with a bunch of free patterns.

@Cindy Thank you for pointing it out. I’ve fixed the link.

3 Likes

Thanks to a touch of insomnia and handy skein of yarn, my craft for @Cindy’s craft with your favorite color challenge.

Here it is with a mouse keychain Hubs grandparents crafted some time ago.

3 Likes

I took the square challenge from @Tanath and made this cute twinchie :smile:

7 Likes

@Reinikka you packed so much into that tiny square space, wow!

I totally forgot to post @AuFish 's texture chsllenge, oops. Here it is, masterboard for the win!

3 Likes

Spectacular! I am not sure I could cut that one up…it looks like it would be perfectly suited in a frame and hung up! You really made use of everything I love, splatters in particular!

1 Like

It’s funny how just flatty patty paint can create so much texture. It ends up looking so deep!

1 Like