Challenge chain 2021, COMPLETED CRAFTS and chat go here!

Chat about challenges and post your completed crafts here, please remember to tag the original challenger.
It says “challenge” but mostly, have fun x

Challenge chain, where to accept and post themes

Challenge Chain crafts & chat from 2020 (archived)

1 Like

I took @magpie theme of flamingos and made a trio of flamingo blocks for my slowly growing economy quilt. And thank you so much magpie for starting this again for this year.

4 Likes

I think it would be really fun to showcase a fabric collection like this! They turned out really nice!

I have a collection of coffee fabrics staring at me from my shelf…they want to be used!

1 Like

FLAMINGOS!!! Yas!

1 Like

#flamingofebruary :grin:

2 Likes

Cute flamingo squares!

1 Like

@Edel’s mushroom suggestion.
I have a wreath I completed earlier this year that is hanging on our front door:

A friend saw photos and said she loved it so this collection of moss, mini pine cones, snail shells, and crocheted mushrooms is going into the mail for her this week.

The teeny orange sticky-uppy moss things are my favourite. They are just upholstery thread bits with the ends knotted.

3 Likes

It’s amazing! I love the moss.

1 Like

Love it! The orange moss spores are a wonderful detail!

1 Like

And for @AuFish’s “radiant” challenge I submit this teeny wee crocheted crown. I’ve been working on a pattern, I think this looks pretty cute!

4 Likes

@Magpie The orange really adds that perfect accent to the whole mushroom piece! Love the layers of detail on the tiny crown.

I’m assembling my green piece as soon as I find my needle.

2 Likes

I finished my response to @AIMR’s sweet challenge. I suspect that this probably wasn’t in her definition, but I have a sweet grandbaby on the way so I made this little set to go with the blanket I made recently.

And with the blanket:

6 Likes

Very sweet! Just so cute! That is going to be one spoiled kiddo…I am over the moon for your family’s happiness!

2 Likes

That is perfect for sweet! Just darling.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Thanks, I am, too! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I picked @Magpie’s “delicious” challenge.
Purim is happening this week, so I baked some hamantaschen with a bit of help from my daughter.
In Israel, the most traditional filling for these is poppy seeds, but we went with the ever popular chocolate filling.

6 Likes

I would eat that! Nomnomnom!

1 Like

I so wish I could share, I love baking stuff and sharing with my friends.

2 Likes

Poppyseed is my favorite, but would definitely try chocolate! (now I miss my farmers’ market, where one of the pastry vendors had these if I got there early enough.)

3 Likes