Challenge chain, for fun and to get us out of our corona slump

I claim water
I’m going to paint something that should be done by the end of Friday.
My challenge is sunshine

I claim @Wildblue for sunshine! I’ll give myself until Friday afternoon to make a sun catcher.

My challenge is BOOKS - inspired by a favorite book, use book pages in your project, make your own book… interpret as you like :smile:

1 Like

I claim @BreadMenace’s books, sometime in the next week since I’m not sure what I’m doing with it yet.

My challenge is non-seasonal holidays.

1 Like

I claim thanate for non-seasonal holidays. Plan is to make a birthday gift (collage) for a family member.

It will take two days.

my challenge is FROM LOUSY TO WONDERFUL

I claim FROM LOUSY TO WONDERFUL from @GabeTheQuacker. Within the next 5 days I’ll bind the mixed media book I’ve been preparing, which is transforming lousy old photos of largely lousy memories into something new and, by comparison, wonderful. In the process, perhaps not entirely by chance, the stories and memories themselves are transforming into something better.

My challenge for you: INSPIRED BY A FELLOW LETTUCE-CRAFTER (or Craftsterer, if they aren’t yet on this site)

3 Likes

Grrl, I do that one every day. I’m going to make @pottermouth’s amazing snail game quilt but I’m waiting on some fabric so I give myself a month. I do promise to post something from this theme sooner though, since I am forever inspired by all y’all!

My challenge is MAKE SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF!
I know, I know. It’s, like, the hardest craft ever. You can do it! I believe in you :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Oooh! Pick me, pick me!! :raising_hand_woman: I have something in mind to make for myself! I’ll give myself 3 days to stencil myself a tee!

My challenge is HEROES. Mythical heroes, literary or religious heroes, superheroes, first responders/medical staff, personal heroes…

5 Likes

I’ll take heroes from @Bunny1kenobi ! I’m going to try to make masks for the heroes working in the hospitals. I’m a little intimidated so I’ll give myself a week.

My challenge is GAMES!

2 Likes

I claim GAMES (yay, I love 'em) from roler.

I don’t yet know what I will make but I have made games before so I look forward to it.

My goal is to complete it in 3 days.

Challenge : Confront a fear

1 Like

I claim Confront a fear from @GabeTheQuacker: I’ll set up my serger today or tomorrow and actually start using it! It’s been sitting in the box for a year now… I’m aiming for a wearable piece of clothing for myself and some mending done by the end of the week, too.

My challenge is IN STITCHES

3 Likes

I’ll claim in stitches from @anna.wahnsinn

I’m not going to put what I might do, because I seem to go off plan every.single. time.

My challenge is Family

No one wants family? How about
loved thread bare?

This is my DS1s bear that inspired the challenge

8 Likes

If yall don’t mind ill take the ‘family’ challenge.

My challenge is ‘twisted rainbows’

1 Like

I’ll claim @audity’s Twisted Rainbow
I’ll have an item finished by Sunday … still planning it

My challenge is PIG(S)

1 Like

I accept @Cindy PIGGY challenge! I’m going to make a piggy pot holder

My challenge is NAUGHTY

Go wild young bucks!

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure I could manage to actually complete something today but I did!

So, I claim “Naughty”. It is completed but can’t be shown since it’s for a swap. It has the eff word on it, my favourite :smile:. I will show a teeny bit of it as proof, lol.

My challenge is super old stash. I am going to do this one myself. It doesn’t matter what you make, just get into the pile of ancient treasures, fish one out and do something with it!

3 Likes

I claim @Magpie’s super old stash, got some birthday making to do, which fits nicely.

My challenge is stretch yourself!

2 Likes

I’ll take Stretch Yourself!

I’m gonna try a new pattern today and that always intimidates me.

My challenge is AMABIE: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amabie

It’s a legendary Japanese creature that prophecies an epidemic, and people in Japan have been making art of it and sharing it as a charm against the virus.

" amabie appeared in Higo Province (Kumamoto Prefecture) according to legend, around the middle of the fourth month, in the year Kōka-3 (mid-May, 1846) in the Edo era. A glowing object had been spotted in the sea, almost on a nightly basis. The town’s official went to the coast to investigate, and witnessed the amabie . According to the sketch made by this official, it had long hair, a mouth like bird’s bill, was covered in scales from the neck down, and three-legged. Addressing the official, it identified itself as an amabie and told him that it lived in the open sea. It went on to deliver a prophecy: “Good harvest will continue for six years from the current year;[a] if disease spreads, show a picture of me to those who fall ill and they will be cured.” Afterward, it returned to the sea. The story was printed in the kawaraban [ja] (woodblock-printed bulletins), where its portrait was printed, and this is how the story disseminated in Japan.[1][2] "

Here are some examples people have been making!

If this is too weird and specific, just do another MONSTER for the April monster mash!!

1 Like

Claiming the amabie! Due by Tuesday, I think.

My challenge is evil eye (beads or symbol) which is the european/west asian version of the charm for protecting against plagues & suchlike.

1 Like

I will claim evil eye from @thanate ! I have this miniature Middle Eastern rug cross-stitch in my WIP pile, and this prompt just inspired me to finish it as a hanging piece with evil eye dangling charms I received from @Magpie back in the day. I’ll give myself one week.

Next challenge up: CYCLES. Seasons or other cycles in nature, planetary orbits, cycles in trends and fads, life cycles, vicious cycles/circles, washing machine cycles, cycles you ride on, etc.

4 Likes

I claim CYCLE from @calluna! I will up-CYCLE/re-CYCLE some denim pants. (I hope you are okay with that kind of cycle :wink:)
I have a Sashiko denim bag on my pinterest which I find sooooo pretty!
I hope to finish it in a week.

My challenge is SUN FLOWERS

2 Likes