Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

If the prompt has been sitting for a while it’s fair game I think. Someone might be more inspired by the prompt you give tgan the one up now, so why not? It’s just for a bit of fun so do what feels right for you!

Finished this last week and forgot to post.
The prompt was craft with a kid.
My daughter and I decorated and filled a treasure box for a friend’s birthday. She painted the box, I painted the lid and stamped the friend’s name inside.

4 Likes

I’ll take the liberty to decree that anything you’re inspired to make by watching this craftalong is within the spirit of the craftalong! :grinning:

1 Like

I think I’ll leave the prompt in play for now. Even though the prompt and project were apparently happening at the same time, the more I think about it, the weirder I feel about making the claim. (But, hoo, we are on some kind of inspiration wavelength today.)

If the chain stalls here, though, I may go ahead to keep it moving. But I’d rather give someone the chance to be truly inspired by the theme first.

I completely agree. This chain is all about getting us doing stuff, and keeping it loose. So whatever works in terms of claiming is good with me

Substitutions! (many & varied)

1 Like

I finally finished my FISHY challenge from @jemimah!

“So long, and thanks for all the fish” is one of my favorite literary sentences, and I snagged this laser-cut made by Nooo on the old site a couple years ago just to do something related to it. I turned the two pieces into an ornament I’ll likely give to my retiring supervisor. I went with normal fishy color because my initial plan was to mount this on a galaxy-print greeting card. Now that it is an ornament instead, I might attempt to repaint the whole thing to look like space.
Or, maybe, take it apart and go back to the galaxy greeting card idea?

5 Likes

Remember that claim I made, oh a month ago? No? @craftADDchick posted the challenge beanstalk

I started on the purple square, trying out a pattern, then moved on to the blue one since I had no scissors in my craft bag when it was time to change colors…

Now I just need to figure out what kind of motif I want for the purple square, and maybe make a couple more and actually turn this into something.

5 Likes

I took @aimr’s "pocket’ challenge and came up with:

More info and a bunch photos here.

5 Likes

What a wonderful way to address the challenge! I adore projects made from jean parts and you certainly thought outside the box with this combination!

1 Like

Can you share? Your creation is wonderful and i found myself playing where’s waldo!

Start to finish: I spray painted everything matte black, including the canvas. Then, I glued everything down with E6000. Then, it sat for a couple of weeks until I asked @geekgirl how to finish. She said she dry brushes paint over hers, so I grabbed some copper fabric paint and a brush! I made sure to brush the excess paint off onto a scrap before brushing it on the pieces. I focused mostly on the surfaces and tried not to get a lot on the canvas itself.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Here’s my reply to @Lynx’s kindness challenge! My kiddo has to wear masks at school and he wanted plain black masks stenciled. He was particularly anxious to advertise his YT channel to his schoolmates, so the kindness comes in with the advertising masks. Those are the “sub to” and toad logo masks.

2 Likes

I completely dropped the ball on my two challenges… but I still have plans to do them! Motivation has been seriously lacking, but the negative things have calmed down a bit, and while I’m going to be very busy in the weeks ahead, I can still get it done :slight_smile:

And, I love the stenciled masks!

2 Likes

Thanks!

For @Bunny1kenobi’s challenge of holiday, I sorta-finished my 2020 holiday cards:

2 Likes

I completed @calluna challenge today. I set a timer to stop every thirty minutes and just be mindful. It was good.

I made this necklace and matching earrings, I have no creative urges at the moment, zilch motivation, so I dumped all my green beads into a pile and made a random necklace.

Wearing it with a deadster tee. I’ve just realised that the skull beads match the tee

10 Likes

Looks good! I was just wearing my Deadster shirt over the weekend, lol. Take care of you, and if the crafty motivation is off on holiday, that’s okay… It always returns in its own time!

2 Likes