Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

I had Food from @Magpie and my original plan was to make mini banana loaves. But, I was out of baking soda (I have plenty of baking powder). While I was looking for it, I realized that I have a large supply of cake mixes (very well past their “best by” date), so I figured I’d give one a try. I chose a yellow cake mix, added in the mashed bananas, and topped it with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting (leftover cream cheese frosting from my Pi Day cake that I added a scoop of peanut butter to). Tastes pretty good!

13 Likes

So many goodies in this challenge…even edible ones!!

@craftADDchick I have a couple of packaged mixes that need to be used up…great idea…looks so delicious!!

@calluna…love how you did your green…strong vertical presence!

@jemimah what a lovely heart…the pink is so pretty against the unexpected grey

3 Likes

I thought I was losing weight up to now… I might be reversing that trend soon! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I think it needs another layer of over-all pattern to make it more cohesive. But I was eager to get something posted for the challenge! :smile:

@craftADDchick That cake looks like squishy heaven. And since it would be bad form to waste food right now, it is your civic duty to make all the cakes.

3 Likes

@calluna, I think I have at least 5 more boxes… plus a shortbread cookie mix!

4 Likes

Here’s my response to @audity ‘s mythical challenge… just in time for spring, here’s my baby jackalope ATC!

13 Likes

Ooooh, I am way behind with my comments! You were busy bees ladies!!

@Cindy that is an great mask! Love the crayons so much and yes Opus is a cute model :blush:

@jemimah I love that felt brooch, such elegant stitching. Very pretty :heart_eyes:

@calluna I would never have thought of this for the challenge green. How fun and original!

@craftADDchick oooohhh, that looks way too good… I am afraid that I will gain a few pounds, or maybe more than a few :joy: This doesn’t help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Bunny1kenobi awwww, I love your jackalope, it is so cute!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I claimed @Lynx for flowers

This is not what I thought I was going to make for this, but I found some tiny little scraps of fabric in the bottom of a bag and these sort of happened.

Just over lapped scraps, stitched together, then added a button.
Not sure what I’ll do with them, maybe add a pin to the back or leave them and use them on other projects.

21 Likes

These make me happy!

2 Likes

The baby jackalope is so cute!!

what a fabulous use of scraps…love the surprise flowers!

Everyone is in overdrive mode in this challenge! I should be done with mine soon…can’t wait to claim another!

2 Likes

Those flowers are awesome!! You just gave me a great idea for a project…

3 Likes

I love your scrappy flowers, they are so cheerful!

2 Likes

I think the flowers are fun too! If you add a piece of ribbon, maybe you can use it as a keychain or with a pin add it to a bag or jacket. Instant happiness :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Here’s my project for @Wildblue’s challenge of SUNSHINE:

I made a sun catcher out of card stock and tissue paper. Not sure where its permanent home will be, but I kind of like the idea of making a bunch to put in a window somewhere as a little succulent garden. Also, the irony is not lost on me that there is most definitely NO sunshine right now as I’m posting for a sunshine challenge, but I’m working with what I’ve got :joy:

17 Likes

I noticed a lot more families walking through the neighborhood…seeing something like that in a window would be fun!

I want to make something to stick in my windows for the kids to see…it would have to be large, though, since we sit so far off the street.

2 Likes

So true! I’ve got about 10 feet of front yard between my house and the sidewalk so my windows are very visible! Here’s what my son made yesterday for our front window:

19 Likes

Now that is so awesome…

1 Like

My challenge was non-seasonal holidays. I chose birthdays. A family member’s one comes up next week so I made a portrait of the cat that used to live there. She is still very much missed and this is the closest it gets. Collage with various book texts, cat is from an old report cover, thicker than the other pages. Normally I would use a potato for a stamp but did not have so I carved an apple for the footieprints. A lot more delicate than potatoes and I cannot recommend it!

12 Likes

How sweet!

lol an apple? wow…crafting people sure are resourceful! The collage is well done!

1 Like

@BreadMenace what a pretty sun catcher! How fun to have in your window! Love what your son made too!

@GabeTheQuacker I love your collage! Fun with the paw footprints and the cat is so cute!

1 Like