Charlotte’s hoop

A few days ago, my 8 year old niece came up with this poem on the spot. I loved it so much, I got permission to share it on Facebook. I decided that wasn’t good enough, so I designed this hoop and stitched it up for her. I just gave it to her with a very elated, “Thank you! You’re the best Auntie EVER!” It was enthusiastically seconded by her 2 year old little sister. I love my nieces :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

34 Likes

What a treasure! You are the best auntie!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. This is even sweeter than an actual cotton candy sky! You are a fantastic auntie! I can see this living in your family for a lifetime.

3 Likes

So sweet!

1 Like

Best auntie ever!

2 Likes

This is adorable! And I love cute, giggly Charlotte! Give her a hug from me (well, hug everyone from me :slight_smile:)!

And you ARE the best auntie ever! What a thoughtful gift!

2 Likes

This makes me insanely happy.

1 Like

The poem even has a nice rhythm/cadence that sticks in my head (a bit like cotton candy would)!

1 Like

My daughter wants this so bad, do you have a pattern you could share?

1 Like

I have the file I created in Excel, so if this doesn’t show up well enough to work from, send me a PM and I can email you the Excel file. She will be so happy when she wakes up and I can tell her someone wants to stitch up her poem. I hope you share photos once you finish! :heart:

2 Likes

EEEP! Thank you for the pattern.

1 Like

A poem that is definitely worth keeping! Lovely idea.

1 Like

excellent in so many ways!
thx for sharing~

1 Like

This is absolutely the sweetest. You’re niece is a talented poet for one so young :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing - printed it out so I can make it for my daughter - including attributing the quote to Charlotte.

1 Like

This makes me so happy!

1 Like