Chartreuse Needle Book

I made this for my partner in a swap called Put A Pin In It.

Glad I looked up chartreuse because I always thought it was red.

16 Likes

That is very cute, I like the hand button & measuring tape ribbon.

Were you thinking of puce? It means a sort of green, and it also means a sort of red. Weird!

3 Likes

No, I’ve always thought chartreuse was red. If I hadn’t checked, I would have gone with a deep, rich red, like this

1 Like

Puce is French for flea, and is usually described as brownish purple, “the color of a flea’s belly”. Super trendy color in France in the 18th century.

Chartreuse is named after a French herbal liqueur first popular about the same time. Those French!

Mauve seems to describe a wide range of purple-ish tones too.

3 Likes

Oops, forgot to say that I love the needle book!

2 Likes

One of my favorite colors, actually! Love the little details…the trims are perfect for a needlebook!

2 Likes

Really cute! Love the little ruler trim inside.

2 Likes

Cute and well-constructed!

2 Likes

I am with you, I would have thought chartreuse is red is too

2 Likes

A very charming little needle book! I love the little row of hearts on the inside.

On heard an entire podcast about the inventor of mauve somewhat recently! Probably Stuff You Missed In History Class.

2 Likes

Adorable! I have a hand button like that. I love the little tape measure detail!

2 Likes

Adorable!

2 Likes

I just came across primrose in a book. I always picture it as pink, even though somewhere in my brain I know it is yellow.

2 Likes

A Google search produced this … primrose pink and primrose yellow

2 Likes

How funny! I must not be the only confused one.

2 Likes

The needle book looks so neatly done and I love all the touches. The hand button is awesome! The little hearts inside, and the tape measurer detail are fantastic.

2 Likes