Cheeky Scarecrow

rain rain rain over the weekend so I built my long-awaited scarecrow on the livingroom floor and put her up today. I got the pants, plain, at the thrift shop for a buck and added marker flowers. Must have used the wrong kind because it has already begun to run. Shirt was 50 cents, same with the hat. Scarf was from an old pillowcase.

plastic flower pot head (I scrubbed the words off, the ones that said what the original plant was) and old t shirt cut up for hair. the tongue, a last-minute decision, is cut from an old exercise band. good thing I had red!

dunno if she will scare away any garden-munching critters, but it was fun to make!

11 Likes

What a fun addition to your garden! Nice that you could use thrifted and stash items.

2 Likes

Great upcycle! The hair is top notch

2 Likes

I read the tongue as a big smooch! It looks so fun. Did you name them?

2 Likes

I love it when I see scarecrows in a garden, it always makes me smile. Yours is fantastic!

1 Like

no name. yet

1 Like

Those pants! That bucket! Love it. :heart:

1 Like

I know I said before how much I love scarecrows, but these guys really make me smile! Years ago my oldest daughter and her best friend made scarecrows using big gourds for the head. They turned out so cute. One of the girls even made hay pony tails.

1 Like