Cheery Pup Birthday Cake Topper

When I came upon this die set in my stash recently, I realized that it would make a great cake topper for my birthday cake. So I made it!

I also whipped up a little pennant bunting strung across with some skewers. It’s a little 6", 3-layer cake: lemon poppyseed with lemon buttercream frosting.

They’re made by gluing cardstock on both sides of some paperboard, then running though the Sizzix to cut the dies.

My49thCakeTopper01

I dipped the pups’ little footses in parafin wax (the kind used for canning) to kind of food-safe-ify them.

Another all-stash project - WOO!

22 Likes

That’s adorable! Oh, P.S., happy birthday! :birthday:

3 Likes

I love this!! Happy birfday!!! I wish I could be there to share a piece of that cake, looks yummy! :birthday::tada:

3 Likes

It is absolutely adorable and I love it and I want to eat that cake!

Oh, and also, happy cake day to you :cake:

3 Likes

Oh my word, that is gorgeous!! and looks delicious too! Happy birthday!

3 Likes

SQUEE!

That is all.

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

Bunting and dogs and cake…is there a better way to spend a birthday?

3 Likes

Super cute, and happy birthday!!!

2 Likes

Happy birthday! And I love those toppers! You’ve opened a whole world of possibilities with cake toppers considering all the cut files you have access to - brilliant!

2 Likes

Thanks so much, y’all!

@sheepBlue OMG I saw so many neat ones when I was looking around before coming upon my die! ACK!

1 Like

The colours are perfect! I love that they’re wearing party hats! :tada: Good job, and happy birthday!:cupcake:

2 Likes

Happy birthday! :sunflower::candle: Your cake topper is absolutely darling!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Haha! :heart_eyes: super cute! I love the joyful little pups! Great cake topper!

2 Likes

Keepers, for sure! And so you!

:metal:

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Cute! DOG BUTT!

1 Like

Happy Birthday!

The cake toppers are so cute and the cake sounds delicious.

1 Like

So very sweet and now I want cake! Happy birthday!

1 Like