Cheetah Print Leather Bookmark

I saved a handful of leather swatches with animal prints from going to the landfill and thought I was going to make a keychain but ended up making this bookmark for my daughter, who is obsessed with cheetah prints at the moment. There was a sticky adhesive on the back so I soaked it in water first to remove it and then painted the back side with a metallic acrylic paint so it wouldn’t be so blah. I used items from my jewelry making stash to complete this bookmark.

13 Likes

I love animal prints…these turned our really nice…the metallic paint on the back was a nice touch of bling!

1 Like

Why didn’t I think of this? I love to read and have faux leather. Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

Very cute! I bet your daughter loves it!

1 Like

Neat! I love animal print too.

1 Like

What a cool idea!

1 Like

Nice! Great idea to fancy-up the back of it.

1 Like

They turned out great! Nice work on rescuing the swatches from being tossed into the landfill.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted you to know that I ordered a boatload of hardware to make some of these for our YMCA after school program for girls! I think they would love to make these for themselves! Thanks for the idea…glam and books are perfect…of course, we have to wait a few weeks or so now since everything is cancelled, but I can get things organized when we can all get back to it! woo hoo!

1 Like

Awesome, Linda! I’ll coordinate the paint on the back a little better for the others…this one should have a rose gold shimmer on the back but I didn’t really plan it out. I thought I was going to make a keychain with silver hardware. The girls will love them!

You know, when I bought the supplies, there was a mix of metals…I like the mixes of silver and gold, bronze and black, etc. I know the girls will love just making it their own! I will probably get a mix of paints and make sure we can be outdoors to do that…sometimes the not planning results in some pretty awesome things!

I just want the girls to be empowered to do their own thing!

1 Like