Chicken 'Power Bowls'

For my lunches this week, I made chicken ‘power bowls’!

They’re inspired by the ones at Taco Bell - last time I had one, I thought they’d be pretty easy to replicate at home, and they were!

They usually have chicken, seasoned rice, black beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, avocado ranch sauce, and sour cream. For mine, I left out the avocado ranch sauce and the sour cream.

For the chicken, I heated leftover shredded chicken on the stove with taco seasoning and some water.

For the seasoned rice, I made this Mexican Rice recipe (halved), leaving out the cilantro and using garlic powder instead of minced garlic.

For the black beans, I made these Mexican Black Beans (also without the cilantro).

I cut up most of a head of lettuce and 2 tomatoes. The cheese was some taco cheese I had left over.

I didn’t feel like trying to make guacamole, so I bought the kind that comes in individual cups.

I put the rice, chicken, and beans on one side of my container and lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese on the other. The guacamole cups would fit in the containers as well, but I’m eating these at home, so I just put them next to the containers in the fridge. :slight_smile:

I ended up with 5 meals!

12 Likes

YUM, you will be swarmed in the “lunch room”. So delish.

1 Like

True. My husbands work buddies always try to swap their bought lunch for his nicely packed leftover lunches. He doesn’t bring lunch that often because it’s more stuff to carry.

1 Like

Ooo…they look delicious. Love that you made your own version and healthier too!

1 Like

They look delicious (and pretty)!

1 Like

Yum! I’ve tried to make some “homemade Lunchables” myself. Your lunches look much more appetizing!

1 Like

that looks great!
Having your lunches sorted out for the week is wonderful. One less thing to worry about, and less chance of eating random snacks instead of a proper meal.

2 Likes

I love those power bowls! This looks so yummy and actually doable for someone with limited time. Great idea!

1 Like

Oooh, I love power bowls and this idea is BRILLIANT!

1 Like