Chipotle lime shrimp.... I guess?

My hubby and I came up with this concoction and we aren’t really sure what to call it. But it’s delicious! Maybe you guys can help us settle on a name!

We have a VERY large 14” sauté pan, which is what we used. We fed 8 people and had leftovers so you may want to adjust this recipe if you decide to try it.

1. Sauté 3 lbs of small shrimp in about 1/3 stick of butter. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
  2. Sauté 1 large chopped white onion in about 1/2 stick of butter until translucent, then add 2 thinly sliced green bell peppers, 2 medium zucchini squashes which have been cut in half lengthwise and sliced, about a half pound of sliced mushrooms.
  3. Once the veggies are almost cooked, add a sliced ring of smoked sausage, 3 diced Roma tomatoes, and an entire bottle of Cholula chipotle flavored hot sauce. It sounds like a lot, but it’s a small bottle, so this dish barely makes the tongue tingle!
  4. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper to taste! After the sausage is warm, add about 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
  5. Allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes, then gently stir the shrimp into the mixture and add the juice of 2 limes. Allow to simmer for a couple more minutes. Serve over rice.
6 Likes

It sounds really good!

1 Like

It was really tasty! Way yummier than we thought it would be.

We eat a lot of shrimp…this looks very simple and tasty for a week day meal!

1 Like

Sounds a bit like jambalaya.
Aside from the green peppers (yuck!), it sounds tasty!

2 Likes