Chocolate chip cookie cake

My oldest child turned 21 on March 29th and true to form he wanted a chocolate chip cookie cake.
Super easy, take 4 pouches prepared Pillsbury cookie dough and press them into a greased 1/4 sheet tray. I placed a piece of parchment paper over the top and rolled it out with a rolling pin. Bake for 20-25 minutes (I like an underdone cookie) cool completely and decorate as you like. My butter cream icing is simple as well. 2 sticks softened butter, 1/4 cup shortening, 4 cups powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon vanilla (clear vanilla will keep the frosting really white). Start by creaming butter and shortening together with mixer until pale yellow, turn mixer down and add powdered sugar a little at a time (about a cup at a time), add vanilla, add milk a little at a time until desired consistency. If youโ€™re going to dye the frosting leave it a little thick to accommodate dye. Decorate to your hearts content!

16 Likes

That looks so good. Happy birthday, Austin!

1 Like

looks yummy!

1 Like

YUM! I bet thatโ€™s not going to last long into Year 21 at all!

1 Like

That looks delicious! Happy b-day to your son!

1 Like

Happy Birthday Austin! That cake looks yummy! Also, how in the h-e-double hockey sticks do you have a 21 year old son? I donโ€™t believe it.

3 Likes

I was a child bride! Lol!

1 Like

Yummy! Did you use a Russian piping tip for the flowers? Those always look so interesting.

1 Like

I did! Still mastering the right mount of pressure for those little buggers

It looks wonderful and delicious!
A happy belated birthday for your eldest!

1 Like

Happy birthday!

Cookie cake sounds great. Really easy and extremely delicious!

1 Like

Yummmmmm!

1 Like