Christmas Card Swap R2 - Sign Up until Nov 28 - Send out Dec 4, 2023

I might be able to get 3 in time to sign up.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Likes

And surprise, I was able to make 6! Signed up now.

5 Likes

I just sent in my questionnaire as well!

1 Like

Just sent in my questionnaire! 3 cards complete and ready to swap!

1 Like

only 2 more days to sign up! If you feel like you can’t get it done in time, do what I did, re-evaluate and simplify! I had some fancy ideas and decided to back off and go a little simpler.

And you can always sign up for 3 cards instead of 6!

3 Likes

Questionnare sent! :smiley:

2 Likes

For a while there I didn’t think I was going to end up with anything swappable :laughing:, but they turned out in the final stretch :partying_face:. Q sent.

3 Likes

Wasn’t sure I’d get mine done on time but I did, sending in my questionnaire now.

3 Likes

I hope to have my last card ready tomorrow to make 6, but if not, it will have to be 3.

3 Likes

:disappointed: So many things came up and I didn’t get a chance to work on mine. But I’ll watching for the gallery!

1 Like

Phew! I got them done!! Sent in my questionnaire!

4 Likes

I’ll be sending out addresses in the morning so if you are near done/on the fence you still have this evening to finish up and join!

5 Likes

I thought I would be slick and see if I could use ChatGPT to randomize partners. I gave it the list of names and number of cards and said each person should send and receive to/from the same number of people.

It failed spectacularly. I’ve spent 30 minutes rephrasing my question and it just can’t do it. so much for AI taking over the world.

I can get it to help me write code snippets for work but randomizing a list of names and getting the correct # of people is too much.

10 Likes

That is funny!

it might be a little while longer before I can send out addresses

# of cards Participant Send to 1 Send to 2 Send to 3 Send to 4 Send to 5 Send to 6
6 geekgirl AIMR LovelyMiss Lynx Myrthena Wittychild AudiobookLover
3 JeanneLeigh LovelyMiss Megwell AudiobookLover
6 AudiobookLover Wittychild geekgirl megwell Lynx Cindy AIMR
6 Lynx LovelyMiss Myrthena Cindy geekgirl AIMR AudiobookLover
6 LovelyMiss JeanneLeigh Wittychild AIMR geekgirl Lynx AudiobookLover
3 Myrthena JeanneLeigh Wittychild Lynx
6 Wittychild Lynx LovelyMiss geekgirl JeanneLeigh AIMR Cindy
6 AIMR Lynx megwell Lovelymiss geekgirl wittychild AudiobookLover
3 Cindy Wittychild LovelyMiss Myrthena
3 megwell geekgirl AIMR Audiobooklover
7 Likes

I have sent out addresses. Please verify you have all the addresses to the right of your name in the above chart! Let me know ASAP if something is wrong.

FYI - please send me a DM when you send and when you receive.

2 Likes

Gallery

Cool! I know I have a card coming to me in the mail today!! So excited!

2 Likes

Dang, that was fast! Someone was on top of getting their cards sent out!

I sent out my domestic cards, but I was waiting to receive the Christmas stamps I ordered for my international cards. Unfortunately, I never received them, even though the post office shows the stamps as having been delivered on Saturday :frowning_face:. So, my international cards are now in the mailbox (sans the international Christmassy stamps) and I am hoping that the Christmas stamps will still show up.

2 Likes

FYI - My cards were all different, so anyone who receives mine can feel free to just post a pic in the swap gallery without having to worry about spoiling it for anyone else.

2 Likes