Christmas Card R2 Gallery

Swap thread

Post your pics here

3 Likes

I have received from @AIMR snd @Lynx !

This really pretty watercolor from @AIMR

And this colorful snowman scene from @Lynx
The background colors are right up my alley!

9 Likes

I love those blues and purples too!

1 Like

I finally got to use my masking pen and it worked!

Funny how @lynx and I gravitate towards the same colors!

4 Likes

I received my first card today.

Thank you, @megwell, I love how fun and festive this card is and your style shines right through!

9 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you like it! (And that it arrived without incident :relieved:. )

4 Likes

I received all of my cards this week!

From @jeanneleigh

It’s a pop-up!

From @AudiobookLover

The gingerbread man opens up to reveal the message!

She also included some coordinating tags that I’m probably going to Grinchly hoard.

From @AIMR

You can’t really tell from the photo, but there’s an inside page bound into the card! (Linda, I’ll try to get a better photo tomorrow. It was already dark out by the time I checked the mail, but I wanted to get this posted.)

She also sent some painty papers that I didn’t get a photo of because it was dinnertime and I was hungry/impatient.

Thanks so much to all my partners! I need to get the tree up and display these.

4 Likes

I’m so bummed that the paint pen transferred/smudged! :confounded:Learning for me to put a liner paper in there, I guess.

2 Likes

I received from @Cindy. Just look at this beautiful card!

She included an ornament, too… now I need to decide where to hang it.

I love it… thank you so much!

9 Likes

Nice of Canada Post to deliver so quickly!

1 Like

I received from @aimr this beautiful card:

And from @geekgirl this silly cat. I love the masterboard background.

I also received from @AudiobookLover. It looks so professional!

Thanks so much!

5 Likes

it happens to us all! it’s super cute. who doesn’t love a Christmas dino?

I received from @AudiobookLover. It’s so cute. She also sent some tags

And some scrappy awesome ornaments from @megwell

7 Likes

@megwell, I really like that card! It’s a really good style!

3 Likes

I have received cards from @lynx, @geekgirl, @audiobooklover, @megwell…and I think there is a card in my mail today from @LovelyMiss !

As soon as my phone charges, I’ll take pictures…I already have them hanging up on my Christmas card door! Thank you guys for a bit of cheer!

3 Likes

Thank you for saying that. I…really wasn’t sure how they were going to turn out, and for quite a while, so I’m glad/relieved that what I tried to do is landing well.

@jeanneleigh no worries about the transfer! My eyes always go to the pop up bit anyway.

1 Like

I’ve got a batch of cards to share! I was waiting to post photos until more folks received because they were all such special surprises to me!!! I love them all and so value all of your creativity and mad crafty skills!

Here they are in the order I received:

An amazing, adorable, and meticulously constructed pop-up from @jeanneleigh:

A sweet snowman with really cool textures from @Lynx:

A beautiful and vibrant snowflake card, hand bound with baker’s twine (so cool!) from @AIMR:

And a “Meowy Christmas” card with the most perfect cat and layered paint background from @geekgirl:

Thank you so much, everyone!

7 Likes

I think the post office is holding my cards hostage!! I’ll post pics as soon as they arrive!

1 Like

I have received the rest of my cards! Thank you, @jeanneleigh, @LovelyMiss, @Lynx, @geekgirl, and @AIMR!

Look at this super cute dino card from @jeanneleigh! It’s so fun and creative. I love the pop up nature and a Christmas dino - that just makes me smile!

@LovelyMiss sent this card in an envelope that had my name written in fancy script, it had me smiling before I even opened the card! I like the use of the non-traditional colors for the ‘jingle bells,’ it really pops against the background. Speaking of the background, the white is layered on a holographic silver making all the stars extra shiny. LovelyMiss also sent a few extras as shown in the next picture. The little post it notes are so cute!

@Lynx sent this brightly colored snowman card! The background is really neat and the bits of metallic give it an extra bit of luster. At first I was thinking it was done with alcohol inks, but I’m not entirely sure if they act like that on paper. Whatever technique was used, I like how it turned out!

@geekgirl sent this fun cat Christmas card. I like how the background coordinates with the cat. The kraft paper border of the card itself, really frames the design nicely!

This neat watercolor card was sent by @AIMR ! I like the technique she used. The red watercolor both makes the white ornament pop, while also causing the watercolor piece to really pop against the brown kraft paper. I also love the addition of the baker’s twine!

Thank you all so much for sending all this Christmas cheer my way!

8 Likes

It’s so neat seeing everyone’s different techniques and approach to making the cards - they’re all so lovely!

3 Likes