Christmas Craftalong

I can’t wait to participate in this. I’ve got several Christmas crafts that are rolling around in my head.
-nutcracker watercolor paintings (I’m thinking between 3 and 5 of them)
-Christmas cards (I make some every year)
-felt ornaments (particularly kitties!)

That’s just a start. I don’t want to overwhelm myself. :smile:

5 Likes

I got another xmas gift checked off the list today! This gift box for my MIL who has been quilting the last few years.

11 Likes

This is so lovely! I’m sure she will cherish it. I can’t believe it’s paper and not fabric and wood.

2 Likes

I’m working on my holiday cards this week. The fronts will feature 3D-printed trees that can be used as ornaments.

5 Likes

Ohh that’s a cool idea!

3 Likes

I finished these earlier this week:
Cushion covers

I’ve never been this far ahead for Christmas crafting. I’ve finished a pile of small stitched pieces on scraps of fabric that just need to be finished into cards and ornaments.

I have a little bit of dog fabric left over that I will probably use for 2 zipper pouches, one for my sister and one for the friend that gets a dog themed gift as a joke every year - she’s team cats, we’re team dogs! She’s scared of dogs but probably not of dachshunds in Christmas outfits. And everyone needs zipper pouches.

4 Likes

I’m in the process of making this

Whew lordy is it kicking my butt! Took almost 6 hours to print it all out (i had to do that twice because I’m an idiot and didn’t attach my cutting and folding sheets to each other) and the assembly instructions online were a 1 hour video-5 hours later I had the tree done, not including the base. Maybe picking such an ambitious project while I’m still a paper crafting novice wasn’t the best choice and the fact that I’ve been to the store 3 times to pick up more supplies has made this into a headache. My original goal was to make 3 but it looks like this will be the solo tree this year

12 Likes

Lol I’m always intrigued by those 3D paper cuts/folds but get intimidated!!

3 Likes

It looks great! Papercrafts look like magic to me. Here’s a few sheets of paper, a few cuts, a few folds, ta-dah, now it’s something that looks like anything but paper!

1 Like

Dang! You really jumped in with both feet (wearing boots)! I’m fascinated by this project and have allllmost bought the files a few times, but I don’t want to have to store it. Or ship it. :rofl:

3 Likes

YES! my daughter said “where ya gonna store that thang?” smart alec.
I also want to make one for my nephew’s girlfriend but I have no way of shipping it to her without worrying about it crushing. Then I thought I could cut it for her and send it to her as kit and have her assemble it but I figured it would never get done that way :slight_smile: she’ll just have to come see me if she wants to see it

2 Likes

HAHA! I have mailed a few of these bigger/3D projects and it can be done! It’s ain’t cheap, and it takes a good bit of packaging material and time, but I haven’t lost one yet!

3 Likes

I can’t really tell the scale from that picture but would it fit inside one of those big metal popcorn tins? My mom is always buying Christmas themed tins and decorative chipboard boxes (those sturdy ones like they have at the craft store for photos or whatever) for storing odd-shaped Christmas things.

5 Likes

By jove I think it might! That’s a great idea, I always get the tins for the caramel corn and the doggies on the outside, I may have to part with one to mail it off

2 Likes

Progress pic, still gotta make the base

15 Likes

OMG! It’s soooo great! I can’t wait to see it on its base!

@WingsoftheWind That is a brilliant suggestion! I hope it works!

2 Likes

Anyone doing anything snarky for Christmas?

2 Likes

Not yet! But sounds like a good idea.

2 Likes

I’ve not done ANYTHING yet- snarky or otherwise. :weary: ( i’ve been in a bit of a Covid funk lately.)
But the temps are freezing here today so i wont be taking the toddler out for too long, maybe i’ll get the little stocking countdown calendar started.

2 Likes

Awesome @bethntim!!

I’m with you, @AntBee. I’ve been shopping a lot, does that count, lol? But I have yet to make a single thing for xmas. I’d really like to try to get stockings for my kids done this year. I think if I accomplish that, I’ll be happy, lol.

5 Likes