Christmas Craftalong

Great idea- and I love that fabric, too. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

She made curtains with the smaller coordinate print, but I couldn’t find more of that one. It was a Robert Kaufman line exclusively for Joann’s. She bought all they had in NH, then all they had here in Champaign when she visited in June, and my MIL picked up the last of what they had in Decatur for her. This was all I could find between eBay and Etsy, so it will have to do!

3 Likes

I was going to say, great stashbuster project, but it sounds like it actually took a lot of effort to find this fabric. But I’m sure she’ll love that it matches her curtains.

2 Likes

Beautiful work!

1 Like

Nice! I need napkins, great idea making them double sided.

3 Likes

Made my son an anime shirt. It’s Luffy from One Piece. I made it for Christmas but will probably end up giving to him for his 8th birthday instead (Dec 3). The intention was Christmas gift so I am commenting here with it lol. I did actually make a Christmas gift this year and I’m happy about it. :raised_hands:

Post I made about it is linked here because I never made a post before and wanted to try that out

3 Likes

Stash busted some scraps of fabric, insul-bright, and bias tape to make some Christmas potholders. They’ll go in one of my gift bundles.

7 Likes

I love it. The squiggle lines make me think of the tracks of happy kids (or dogs) racing around on a snowy day adventure.

2 Likes

Nice! Great stashbuster and everyone could use some extra potholders.

ETA: I just threw some insulbright into my shopping cart and I’m absolutely stealing your idea. I have half a yard of a Christmas panel fabric left over, the other half was used for potholders years ago. I need to finally destash that fabric.

I can’t believe how time flies. I’ve had a few bouts of illness during fall, and suddenly at work we’re in the “let’s wrap this or that up before the holidays” mode and it’s snowing and it’s proper winter and almost Christmas.

2 Likes

I busted the Christmas socks out of yarn prison/time out. The other two here were wearing theirs today and I want to get the funny chance to all be wearing stripey socks at the same time before new year’s. Now to remember which pattern and where it is…

I also decided to admit that I don’t want to do a full countdown calendar. It’s been on my list for a couple of years now and I never get to it. My “word of the year” going into 2024 is “Acceptance.” Accepting what really is, what needs to be let go and what needs a jump start and push forward. I do not apparently want to make 24 mini stockings or whatever. We read The Yule Tomte and the Little Rabbits for our countdown and that’s satisfying. What I realized I do want to do that is in this category is a 12 Days of Christmas countdown. 12 things in little something or others that we open/read/look at/however it works out from Christmas to Epiphany. Now that’s ringing the jingle bells and putting peppermint in the cocoa if ya know what I mean.

And bonus: I have oodles more time to obsess over how to do it. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m excited, I need to make a gift!
I got someone who appreciates handmade in the Secret Santa, and likes cryptobiology, so I’m making her a dragon.
So far, I have 3D printed the jaws and teeth. Everything else will be built from there!

5 Likes

So fun!

Got two of my gift bundles together yesterday. I had all the parts and pieces done, but needed to trim stray threads and pull of little bits of stabilizer off the back of the aprons and attach the directions to the cookie and cocoa mixes. This one contains Cowboy Cookie, Chocolate Heath Bar Cookies, and French Vanilla Cocoa, potholders, and 4 kids aprons.

And the Hanukkah bundle, with Cowboy Cookies, Vanilla Hot Cocoa, and two kids aprons. The kid’s favorite colors are red and teal, so I went with those for the wrapping.

9 Likes

And a set of potholders and a clothesline trivet for my Father in Law. He likes pirates, hence the skull and cross bones fabric. The binding is a blue batik that looks like water, leftover from making some memory quilts for my cousin. I also had some 1.5” strips of the same fabric left, so I used those up on the trivet.

7 Likes

Perfect pairing. You’re really good at thinking of gifts for specific recipients. Well done!

1 Like

Ed is super hard to shop for. But he likes to cook, so I got him a meat breaking tool (helps you break up ground meat in a skillet), and made these. I think I’m going to make him a few spice blends too.

I wish I had access to his French press, so I could make a little matching quilted cozy to keep his coffee warm. Maybe Kay can get pictures and dimensions when they go home today.

4 Likes

My crafting time has been eaten up by PT three times a week! I am so tired and depressed…I am going to rest this weekend and come up with a doable plan…even if I make ONE thing…

You guys are my rock and inspiration!

7 Likes

Rest is a good plan! And remember that it should be fun to craft, and if you dont make it in time, you can give it as a gift later.

I hope you have a nice weekend, whatever you do! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Rest up and find the joy. And don’t forget- you have through to January 6th to be within the 12 days of Christmas! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

You’ll be getting some Christmas mail (hopefully) soon! I hope that will make you feel a bit better.

I’ve been sending mail to many people here but yours is still on my desk because I’ve misplaced what I wanted to send…

1 Like