Luffy ONE PIECE anime shirt

One of my sons is a One Piece anime fan. I made him this Luffy shirt as a gift.

I used a piece of chunky sidewalk chalk to draw him on there because that’s what I had to use. Admittedly, he isn’t perfect… but it’s alright.

Luffy is painted on a cotton black shirt with bleach and random paintbrushes. Some parts are diluted (with water) bleach. Placed something inside so it didn’t bleach anything besides the design. I think he’ll like it.

Adding some progress photos and the finished shirt

15 Likes

This looks so cool! What an awesome personalized gift!

2 Likes

Very cool. Now he will have a one-of-a-kind amazing shirt!

1 Like

Looks like a carved stamp…very cool! I am sure he will love it!

1 Like

Painting with bleach is not easy. Your shirt is amazing!

2 Likes

Thank you @Bunny1kenobi. I’m hopeful he will like it. I’m giving it to him today so I’ll find out.
Thank you @gozer It is one of a kind and I’m hoping not in a bad way lol
@AIMR I’ve never carved a stamp but you’re right! They do look like that. Maybe I’ll carve some potato stamps for some easier gifts for him and his siblings.
@endymion Thanks! It was my first try at painting with bleach. I’m happy with how it turned out. Can’t wait to see what he thinks about it.

The best part about THIS method is that it doesn’t alter the texture of the shirt and makes it a win for wearability for my children that need sensory-friendly options; like the son that this shirt is for…

2 Likes

This is AWESOME! I also like the show but didn’t start watching it until the pandemic.

2 Likes

Thank you. I haven’t watched it lol my son loves it though

2 Likes

In a great way!

1 Like

How cool! My kiddo is also a One Piece fan; I showed him the pictures and he’s obsessed with this shirt.

1 Like

Instantly recognizable. Excellent gift!

1 Like

He liked it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What an awesome shirt!! Great job!

1 Like