Christmas Craftalong

I got ambitious and made all the little sacks for my gift mixes I will make closer to Christmas. A fat quarter made two of these. They are small so I’m hoping they fit the mixes.

10 Likes

Cute fabric choices!!

3 Likes

Thank you! I happened to have some fun ones.

2 Likes

According to Siri I now have 11 weeks to get my act together for December 1st. C’monnn, Bee, get this show on the road!

5 Likes

I’m still waiting on my fabric order but according to the tracking info it has officially left the US!

4 Likes

Oooh exciting!! I love getting fun deliveries. Even when i’m the one who placed the ordered it still feels like Christmas. Lol

3 Likes

I’ve been working on Christmas decor more than gifts. I have bought some gifts and made a few things. I need to make a list and get serious about it I suppose.

4 Likes

I am waiting on fabric as well…to make new stockings for my cats! lol

4 Likes

Ok. For the record I have to admit that my first flash thought at reading this was not “stockings hung by the chimney with care.” I legit pictured leggings. On cats.

I need more sleep. Haha!!

5 Likes

100 days until Christmas. SO… less than that for any “countdown” calendar crafts maybe someone has been procrastinating… Not to name any (me, totally me) names…

4 Likes

I stitched like 20 stitches last night so I’m making serious progress ! :laughing:

7 Likes

LOL, @Immaculata

1 Like

Today, I finished a bunch of ear warmers for my friend gifts. :grinning:

19 Likes

They look great, very warm and comfortable!

3 Likes

I hope to properly finish it this week. I’ve been in a crafting slump so random fill stitches was a good way to get started again.

18 Likes

I love the texture you gave to the bears…so cuddly looking!

2 Likes

Well, I tried really hard to do a second 12 days fake-swap item today but try as I might i was unable to make the button garland work to my liking so I abandoned ship and put the supplies back in stash. Oh well, at least I got some crafting time in even if I have nothing to show for it!

6 Likes

Have you considered wire wrapping links between the buttons? It’s more work but I find wire wrapping sort of relaxing.

1 Like

I’ll give it a gander, thanks! I really like the idea of the button garlands but I wasn’t loving any of the results I was getting and if I am going to be frogging something a bajillionty times I really should be working on my knitting that I’m procrastinating by doing this in the first place! Haha
I originally planned to do all one tone so that the ivory one would be like an old timey popcorn string but then it seemed like i didnt have enough buttons. (Trying to whittle stash collections) so i moved to mixing the two colors.

3 Likes

I finished another of my fake swap items: a pair of crochet bell garlands. Now 4 packs of 12 bells are no longer rolling around in the stash!

12 Likes