Christmas Craftalong

I love this idea!! So simple, nice and functional.

3 Likes

I started painting some gingerbread houses that Dollar Tree finally got in. Lots more work to do on them. I think they will go over my kitchen cabinets.

4 Likes

Weekend again! It’s a beautiful sunny autumn weekend here so I’m not sure I’ll be getting a lot of crafting done during the day, but I hope to get around to doing some sewing this week. I’m planning on making some hanging towels for gifts, as well as a table runner for myself. The hanging towels will be made from scraps, so I will have to cut the fabric for the table runner first. I have a few more Christmassy fabrics in my stash I think.

1 Like

Good plan. I need to actually start the stockings for my countdown calendar if i’m doing it this year but I have a few October projects I need to finish as well. 2 are almost finished… the race is on!

2 Likes

I’m still around and still working on Christmas crafts.

4 Likes

Go you! I was going to craft for Christmas this weekend but then I didn’t. I’m going to get some extra supplies today and hopefully I can finally show some pictures this week.

3 Likes

I’ve started making ornaments. We’re having a friends crafts day in 2 weeks so I wanted to do a test run

19 Likes

Gah! That’s too cute my voice is up 3 octaves! :heart_eyes::star_struck:

4 Likes

That is adorable. Good idea for a crafts day.

3 Likes

What a darling ornament.

3 Likes

Very very cute!!

2 Likes

It’s been so delightful to see what people are making for Christmas in this thread! I am just about done with November birthday stuff and just getting ready to tackle Christmas gifts!

I do think there will be fewer handmade gifts this year than many years, but I already have fabric for a couple pairs of boxers that Delia and I will make for her to give TheMisterT (as is her tradition) AND just got the last piece I need to make him a fleece quarter-zip pullover from a hilarious, in-joke Spoonflower print! Hopefully, I can start cutting next week! I also have a kind-of-white-elephant gift idea for him that I need to execute in the next couple of weeks on one of the 2 days/week he goes into the office. For that I may have to make a baby bonnet for a box…

I do think I will manage to make a few dozen handmade cards this year, tho!

4 Likes

I’m nearly done stitching the first card of the year! For my mum. It could well be the only card I’m stitching this year, but she deserves a special one. I’m also still planning on knitting her a pair of socks for Christmas, but it had been lying around for a bit and I made a few mistakes and I figured it would be faster to just frog it and start over.

4 Likes

This year, I have a goal of combining the monthly Stitchalong theme with favorite travel memories to create an embroidered State christmas tree ornament each month. I’ve finished 7 ornaments in 10 months, plus a couple other stitches. This month is my favorite: cemetery tour in New Orleans.

the last couple of days, I’ve been doing touchups on them; adding backings to cover the mess, creating state charms to identify them, making frames for the ones still in the hoop. And coming up with ideas for the two final ornaments of the year–kinda tough when I don’t know what the themes are, but it’s not that hard to guess.
I notice the first couple of orneys were a nice, small size (under 5"), but they’ve grown a bit. The theme is going to be very evident on the tree!

9 Likes

What a cool idea!

1 Like

I finished the card! It’s just a simple card from a free kit that came with a magazine.

Next up was going to be the stockings, as Mr. Imma was supposed to be out today, but since he’s staying home I’m thinking I may work on the table runner instead. The stockings are supposed to be a secret.

7 Likes

Wow, great stitching on the card! I can relate to trying to work on secret craft projects!

2 Likes

I haven’t actually been crafting today (so far at least) but I did sort through some crafting supplies. I’ve gathered everything I need to knit socks. I’ll be going on a week-long work trip soon and I want to cast on a sock before I go. I won’t get much time to knit but hopefully I’ll get half an hour or so of knitting done before bedtime. I like to have something simple to do to stay busy in my hotel room at night.

4 Likes

After today i’ll be moving onto Christmas crafting. The child has been thwarting my crafting of her costume (ahh the joys of 3 year olds. I will miss this little kid when she’s a big kid but I won’t miss the tantrums).

5 Likes

A work colleague (actually, the CEO, ha) was offering a stash jam jars the other day which of course I took. Trouble is, I found a whole bunch of them I already had and that was after purchasing a flat of that exact size to take @MistressJennie’s small batch canning class next weekend. So now I’m positively loaded with little jars! I also found 2 boxes of pectin, after buying 2 for the class. And then I remembered I have a package of Pomona’s pectin (for low sugar recipes) so now I really need to make jam for Christmas gifts. Robert’s promised me fresh bread to go with it, I see factory style kitchen adventures in our near future!

4 Likes