Christmas Craftalong

I too am getting nothing done lol. I’ve been in organizing mode since the influx of stuff that is bday gifts came into the house. Capitalizing on that energy while I have it!

I’m really hoping to finally start Xmas crafting this weekend. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

What do we have, like 40 days? We can dooooo it!*

*“It” to be determined. Could be marathon crafting, could be drinking hot beverages while whittling that craft-worthy list down to 2, haha, we’ll see!

3 Likes

I am going to make a new list…it helps me to focus and it is spurs me on to cross stuff off. I really don’t have all that much to make even though I have a lot to do…maybe I can get some of the other stuff done so I can relax and craft more…I think just being overwhelmed stops me in my tracks sometimes…ok…off to take a shower and restart my negative day with a positive one!

Yay, @antbee for spurring us on!

4 Likes

I definitely find overwhelm freezes me up and then hours will have gone by and I still have nothing done in any category. I’ve been finding little ways to manage that and so far I’m making some good starts. Good luck!

3 Likes

I’ve finished the three most important things for this year’s Christmas:

• socks for my mum
  • a card for my mum
  • a little ornament for my sewing teacher / friend
6 Likes

That’s great, @Immaculata !

I think you’ve given me a solution as to what to make for the teens in our family…an ornament with a place for money! At least they won’t throw that away after they have spent the money (I hope!)…

4 Likes

Well done, you!
I am neeeeeearly done with sock 2. I cannot think of what to make for my daughter. I’ll plan a pinterest deep dive later to get some ideas. I do want to do some decorations/housey stuff. And I’d love to make a trio of silly gnomes for some friends.
We’ll see, gotta learn to stay up later to make that happen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m doing this one Linda, but sticking a funny picture on the end of the roll so they can’t tell what they are pulling out! We don’t have ones or twos anymore so it’ll have to be a shorter roll of fives.

3 Likes

That’s cute!!! If you use washi tape, it is even more crafty! lol

3 Likes

I did make this while I was complaining and doing “nothing”…totally mindless…just strung a bunch of beads onto memory wire and added some straggler charms…might give it to one of my nieces as a gift or keep it…not sure yet.

11 Likes

That’s really pretty @AIMR!!

My Dad (who’s 83) and stepmum are coming to visit us for Christmas. I’m still unpacking, so haven’t got very far with Christmas crafting yet, but I’d really like to make them some gifts that would be easy to pack. Maybe cushion covers (they wouldn’t have to pack the inners) … hmmm … hopefully I’ll have some projects to share here soon, I’m appreciating the inspiration from you all :smile:

8 Likes

I love that!!

2 Likes

beautiful! I’m amazed that for you this was “mindless”!

2 Likes

I am working on a Christmas something today!

I just have a few more small chores to do before my sister arrives tomorrow evening and for the ZOOM meeting. I won’t be able to work on it during ZOOM because I have to concentrate a bit.

Hope to find some easy crochet I can do while chatting tomorrow! Maybe I will do the leg of a sock…

5 Likes

Speaking of the Zoom

Just in case anyone needs some dedicated craft time to get holiday stuffs started/done! I know I do!

7 Likes

How in the world did you make this adorable reminder graphic? I love it!

2 Likes

Oh I just did it in PPT. I know people make really cool ones but I don’t know what they use!

4 Likes

This is a cool gift, looks quick and easy. Like a scoody, sort of. A hooded dickie? Dickie, lol.

2 Likes

That does look neat. (And also, you’re so a giggly 15 year old.)

2 Likes

I got one done and have four to go. I had to tweak a few things from the video, but I think it turned out fine. I attached 10 - $1 bills together with washi tape and then attached a check as the final pull out. Since I have to mail these, I didn’t want to be out all the money if they got lost for any reason.

8 Likes