Christmas Craftalong

I make graphics in Canva, free to join, just have to pay for all of the bells and whistles, but you can create some neat stuff once you get the hang of it. :smile:

6 Likes

Cool! I will check it out! Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Canva is my go-to also.

…and I’m also making socks for Christmas. Slipper socks, actually. 2 pairs down, 2 to go.

6 Likes

Today is Christmas crafting day for me! So I’ve put on my favourite Christmas music (Christmas crooners playlist on Spotify right now) and I have lots of sewing plans for today.

My in-laws typically spend winter in a warmer climate, and now we’re mostly post-Covid they will start doing this again this year, so we won’t see them at Christmas, but we’ve been invited by Mr. Imma’s godparents. She is an avid crafter so I really want to make something nice and handmade for her as a thank you. I know she’ll appreciate it. I’ve never been to their home during the Christmas season but I’ve been told their house is completely decorated with mostly handmade things.

7 Likes

I love that she’s crafty! :smiley: What have you decided to make for her?

I’m working on two types of ornaments today, a folded fabric ornament and a wired ribbon poinsettia. I have everything I need. Just need to get through the To Dos today first.

5 Likes

I’m finally on the decreases/toe of the second sock!

Edit to add: I think I was way more distracted when working up the first sock, it feels like this decrease is sharper/shorter on the foot than the first one was… welp, that’s the fun of hand-made, right?

Right?

(lol, good thing it’s for my own house.)

9 Likes

Still have ends to weave in, but i do have 2 complete size 11.5 mens (US) socks for Christmas.

15 Likes

Yay! Not quite a “Thing” but certainly a thing!

3 Likes

Ha! Thanks!
My first pair of “real” socks. They went a bit wonky in spots, but for a seasonal amusement I think they’ll do.

6 Likes

They turned out nicely!!! Your persisted and got them DONE!

5 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I need some ideas for quick and easy items to donate to a Santa Shop at one of my district’s middle schools. Being a teacher in the same district as long as I was, my coworker friends base is quite spread out. One of these friends has reached out to me asking for donations for an upcoming program. The school that my friends works at has a high population of economically disadvantaged students. Several years back, the district started a positive behavior incentive program in which students earn points that will allow them to participate in various activities. My friend’s school has chosen to host a Santa Shop so that these students can shop for holiday gifts for family and friends using their points.

The problem is what to donate. It can’t be food. (Home made treats aren’t allowed to be brought into the schools here.) I can make ornaments, but I don’t think it fits the concept. Whatever I make has to be something that the student can carry home safely, which means no glass nor liquids.

I’m at a loss. Any suggestions?

4 Likes

Hats, scarfs, notebooks, mittens

4 Likes

I think nice cloth tote bags would be a good practical item.

4 Likes

Gifts to give to a child (thinking of younger/older brothers and sisters) so maybe stuffies, notebooks/journals, fun colorful hats/scarves/mittens/ear warmers, fleece blankets, laptop sleeves/protectors, cute baskets/storage items, kitchen accessories for the home/grown-ups in their lives, bracelets, necklaces, key rings… I’ll keep thinking.

4 Likes

Embellished kitchen towels for aunts and grannies! We bought those when I was a kid at a school fair!

4 Likes

Key fob, luggage tag, book mark, small zip pouch, eyeglass case, earbud/charge cord case, beaded bracelet with themed charm, fold up shopping bag, lanyard, tissue cosy, ornament you can insert a photo into, coaster set, trivet, oven mitts, tea towel, note cards, fridge magnet.

4 Likes

It’s surprisingly tricky to find a child-sized pattern for very boring, simple socks. I think I found one now, but man, that should’ve been easier!

2 Likes

I think children’s sizes are also on my go-to pattern for basic socks, but I’ve been looking for my pattern for a week…

2 Likes