Christmas Craftalong

I didn’t manage nearly as much as I wanted today. I lured her with TV time but when I picked up the yarn (while sitting beside her, or across the room, didnt matter) she immediately needed to sit in my lap. She is my personal “Bad Cat.”

I doubt this will be done tomorrow. Good thing I have the “12 Days of Christmas” coming on!

Still. Bah Humbug. I turned the heel and will try to do what I can tonight… More as I have it…

5 Likes

You could knit while she opens gifts? LOL, lap cat is a pretty fair trade off for finished if it comes down to it. You did good, mom. :christmas_tree: :gift: :socks:

2 Likes

Aww, thank you. :hearts:
I’m going to keep going tonight until I can’t see that dang tiny yarn anymore (My next project is 100% going to be in bulky yarn- my poor eyes! lol) and then tomorrow steal time wherever I can take it. Technically we aren’t leaving the house until after 2, so that’s the real deadline. My MIL is coming here at noon, though, so that will be a tough time block to steal time from…

You never know, though!

4 Likes

That’s the perfect time to steal away, let Grandma and daddy entertain her. When we visit our oldest grand daughter, her parents get lots done around the house while we play.

5 Likes

Didn’t manage to craft much for Christmas, since my craft supplies are all in storage, but I did find a little dishcloth yarn at Meijer before snowpocalypse. So I whipped up a few cloths.

This one contains a naughty word. I think it worked up too big to be a dish cloth, yet too small to be a hand towel. My sister in law will be highly amused.

14 Likes

Still going…

10 Likes

Enquiring minds want to know … did you finish while it was still the 25th?

3 Likes

Sadly, no. But my husband wore his all day so that is a win. I’ll be knittin’ for the 12 days of Christmas. She can wear them for “un decorating day” I suppose.

Ah well, it was a festive knitting yarn anyway.

5 Likes

That yarn is gorgeous for any time!

But, let’s start this Craftalong earlier in 2023…lol…December seems to sneak up to us faster and faster each year (yeah, yeah…I know it is because we are older…bah-humbug…lol).

6 Likes

I need it to start right now actually. If I don’t plan & craft all year I won’t have anything ready for next December. I can’t cope with last minute pressure anymore, these past few years have destroyed my ability to deal with self-imposed stress. I need crafting to be therapeutic. I’ll begin today with some gentle stitching for the car ride to my Aunt’s. Show ya later, in this thread unless somebody wants to start next year’s topic :slight_smile:

8 Likes

To be fair this craftalong is a year-rounder since 2020, we’ve just procrastinated! Haha

9 Likes

Well that is certainly true. I think these snow dudes are at least that old, finally getting their coal eyes & buttons.

Finishing. It hasn’t been my strong suit, you know? I’m trying to do better about that.

9 Likes

I hear ya. My word of the year is Action to get me moving out of “thinking space” and into “actively doing the thing” spaces

2 Likes

I decided that instead of being stuck with projects I just don’t want to finish I will focus on only starting the few I actually really want to do. My problem is giving in to whims, collecting any supplies or tools that catch my eye, and making multiples. Like these snow people. There are 4 left over from dozens. Like, why? Because I bought a whole package of carrot buttons & felt the need to use them all at once? Ok, I bought more than one package of those cute carrots, and YES I felt responsible for making good use of them, ugh. I have no one to blame but myself.

7 Likes

:notes: on the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me…:notes:
Still the socks.

12 Likes

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas Day / holiday celebration!

I got one more craft done on 24th. I was going to buy my dad a lightweight jersey, but the one at the shop had a hole in it, so I’ll order something to be delivered when they get home to NZ (they fly back today). So in the meantime I made him this. It’s very lightweight :grinning:

It was good to laugh with him on Christmas Day. He is 83 and doing pretty well, but deteriorating, so I’m very grateful they were able to make the trip.

20 Likes

Adorable! Glad you got to spend the time together.

2 Likes

Also, there’s a reason why I started this thread in mid-September :laughing:

I didn’t get anything finished in the last couple of days, but it ended up not being a problem because I fell ill and we didn’t see anyone over Christmas :frowning:

3 Likes

oh no! Was it in addition to the shingles? What a december you are having!

2 Likes

Yup :frowning: Apparantly the medication I had for shingles affects your immune system so within a week I had another virus and a bacterial infection, so I’m on antibiotics now as well. I feel better already but I just try to stay away from people for bit. I feel like any random bug is going to attack me right now.

6 Likes