Christmas Craftalong

These look great!

2 Likes

I love the big buttons! Great towel fabric.

2 Likes

It looks good! Different lighting changes it a bit. It’s kinda a “foamy” texture.

I like it.
adds to gift idea list

10 Likes

Of course we needed to know :flushed: Now I can quit ‘encouraging’ you, at least until the next thing is started :crazy_face:

4 Likes

@Pookie Your towels are great!

@Lynx Nice, nice, flag

4 Likes

Yayayayayayay!!! :tada:

2 Likes

Yay! You made it to the finish line!

3 Likes

It all looks wonderful!

@Lynx , I presume those are your lovely birdie photos? I’m crazy about cardinals!
The flag looks fab

3 Likes

Yes, I saw that snapfish makes flags, so I gave it a whirl to see how they are.

4 Likes

My first finish of the year! Finally, finally! Completed these crochet snow people ornaments. All they needed were coal eyes & buttons.

Usually I give things away as soon as they’re done but I’m changing my ways & put them into the xmas bin so I have them in time for Dec. I’m so pleased with myself, lol.

16 Likes

They are so cute! Those buttons were a real find!

I have also started a gift box…putting in things I love to make but have no personal use for…I hope to just pass them on randomly or as gifts next Christmas as well!

3 Likes

Oh, they are just beads. I do have a stash of teeny tiny wee buttons somewhere though. Of course I do :smile:

1 Like

The noses are buttons?

1 Like

Oh, no those are buttons. But the “button” eyes are beads. Funny!

1 Like

I interrupt this normally scheduled programing to announce…it’s time to VOTE for our current challenges!!

Green Holiday Greens

Great Lettuce Craft Bake Off!

3 Likes

they are adorable! and the carrot nose buttons are the perfect touch!

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar. Making some extra dish towels, baby hats, etc to keep on hand for last minute gifts.

7 Likes

Summoning @AntBee for Christmas socks accountability here :laughing: I saw in the other thread you bought more yarn to make sure you had enough to finish.

I moved into our temporary house between Christmas and NYE and had a pretty stressful January, so I missed all the great things you guys posted here. I love @Magpie 's ornaments, a great way to use up scraps of yarn. I’m not extremely good at chrochet but this looks like something I could figure out.

@Pookie those towels are also a great way to use up scraps, both yarn and fabric! I had a plan to make similar towels for Christmas (but sewed, not crocheted) from scraps of Christmas fabrics but I didn’t have the time. Hopefully next year. I love to give gifts that are practical as well as decorative.

@Lynx I had no idea this existed, but I like the look and how nice to see your own pictures used in this way. I’ve been thinking about you and @Cindy ever since I live here in this little trailer in the woods. I’m a terrible photographer, I don’t even have a real camera, just my phone, but I’ve seen more birds than I’ve ever seen in my life - and I didn’t grow up in the city, I moved there as an adult. But where I grew up the landscape was mostly grassland in agricultural use, and now we’re in the woods close to moorland and I see so many birds I’d never seen before.

5 Likes

Sounds like a wonderful place to see birds. A phone works and I’d love to see what you have there. The Wild Critters thread is a good place to share them.

2 Likes

ha ha ha Calling @AntBee …yep, we better all start now!

2 Likes