Christmas Craftalong

Yep I’m that mum too!

3 Likes

@Magpie, I was just looking through the resolution thread and saw your post about making a family cookbook for 2023 Christmas gift giving. That would be fun to read about here in this thread, too, if you’re still looking to do one.

3 Likes

I wonder where those files are… hopefully not on the laptop that’s corrupted :frowning:

1 Like

I am supposed to be doing this too…not necessarily for Xmas but seems as good a time as any!

4 Likes

I just saw this table runner idea on Pinterest and thought it would be good for holiday tables, too. Years ago I did a photo album of only Christmas through the years for my mom and this idea would be cool, too. And for Milestone events (@TheMistressT maybe?) one could even make it to last by using those fabric printing things, too. Link goes to blogspot:

6 Likes

How cool!

2 Likes

This is the year that I am definitely going to make aprons for everyone with a few family recipes printed on them. It would be cool to add a picture or two of my mom, my dad, my sister and me…even my brother…The Trimble Family Cooks!

Thanks for the idea, @antbee!

6 Likes

WOW! That is sooooo awesome! I am definitely going to file away this idea - it’s simply not going to happen for TheMisterT’s upcoming milestone birthday, but with any luck we’ve a few more milestones ahead of us!

3 Likes

I won’t lie, I pictured a runner of “Mr.T” in various ages and stages with added nautical accessories shopped in lol
As someone who does not do such crafts i have zero concept of how long that would actually take, it just amused me. (Baby sailor, 3rd grade fisherman sailor…” lol

3 Likes

lol I was picturing Mr. T in his various undershorts… :innocent:

4 Likes

That is BRILLIANT! :rofl: :anchor: :shell: :trident: If I had seen this several months ago and thought to borrow his mom’s albums, I might have really gone for it. I probably would’ve just taken over a copier at Staples and gone to town! Or maybe this project would’ve gotten me to finally replace our broken all-in-one ink jet monster. I do have a little old-photo project planned, but nothing nearly as good as this.

4 Likes

I’ve officially started preparing Christmas 2023!

Ok, I haven’t done that much. I bought a small stitched Christmas cards kit, mostly because I wanted a quick and simple project. But I started stitching, so it counts. And I’m filling up a cart @ Shabby fabric and I’ve added several Christmas fabrics to make some decorations for our “new” house. So right now this is my Christmas list:

For lots of people:

• Christmas cards

For Mr. Imma:

• Christmas wallhanging

For home deocration:

• Finish embroidered tablecloth (which apparantly has been on my list since 2020…)
  • Probably some ornaments
9 Likes

Excellent starting motivation!

I have been eyeing the yarn cabinet and feeling itchy hands to start still more WiPs. lol Maybe I’ll take some time today to think about my Christmas possibilities. I know at the least I have:

• A Christmas countdown calendar of some sort (originally planned as a string of stockings)
  • My Christmas socks (to complete the family set of matching silly socks)
7 Likes

Proof of progress! I took a night off DIY, watched a documentary on my laptop and stitched. I don’t have a lot of supplies at hand so this is a good project for now.

15 Likes

It’s just starting to get warm here & I’m already thinking about December…
I need gift ideas for the guys, 16 & 22. Why are they so difficult to find the right things for?

4 Likes

Any particular fandoms they’re into? Or clothing they need? I’ve made Mr. Imma several pairs of novelty print PJ / lounge pants over the years. You could even make matching comfy outfits for the whole family.

2 Likes

My grown son just asked me to make a wall display for his vinyl album covers. It’s Velcro so he’ll be able to switch out the covers to suit his mood. Are your boys into music?

If they are into RPG or tabletop gaming, dice trays or dice towers could be fun.

3 Likes

Naked sleeper & flannel jammie pants are such a good idea that we’ve given the other one a pair each year until he said enough.
They like music & video games but everything is online, neither collects swag. Since they got phones, they’ve all stopped reading books. Nobody is into board games - phones again.

We just found this at the antique mall for 16boy, it is hilarious and he’ll get a kick out of it.

4 Likes

In that case, well, maybe money and food / snacks are the best gifts for now. Maybe in a few years they’ll be interested in other things. I keep my charger, headphones etc in a zipper pouch but I’m sure that’s a very old lady thing to do. They probably don’t have wallets anymore either.

I gave a guy in their 20s a handmade zipper pouch filled with tombows last year, but I already knew he was creative. Girls of that age may be interested in some throw pillows, or a blanket, or some other decorative thing for their room but I suppose most boys that age couldn’t care less. I did see a gaming blanket on the internet a while back - basically a fleece blanket but with sleeves / armholes, so you can cover yourself but still hold a controller / phone at the same time.

2 Likes

The blanket is actually a great idea! 16 is in the attic which gets very cold. He has an oil heater & keeps the temp sauna level, lol. Still, a blanket for gaming. Cool, I can make that.

The girl is still easy, she has lots of likes. They all get food, candy, money, etc, but are so excited about opening gifts still. It’s cute. We do it pretty low-key but I like to find a few special things.

5 Likes