Christmas Craftalong

I finished a pair of socks! They were supposed to be for my mum but I’m not super happy with how they turned out - I ran out of yarn so I found a matching yarn in my stash to finish them. Might keep them for myself and knit a new pair for her.

A friend of mine has a ton of fun soap molds and she’s sending them to me! I only have a mold for a regular bar so I’m really happy she’s sending them to me!

4 Likes

That’s so fun!
I just mailed off my Big Blanket project so I can really start thinking about Christmas now. Wee!

4 Likes

I love how the Big Blanket turned out! I can’t imagine how much time that cost.

I finished knitting a pair of socks and I’m stitching away on a few more tiny ornaments today.

2 Likes

I just had the craziest idea to give every single member of staff at my small school a handmade Christmas present (27 people! :flushed: :grimacing: ) even if it’s something as small as a tree ornament in a card for those people that I’m not necessarily close to. I’ve only been here one year, and I won’t be here next year, but everyone is so kind and it’s been a really tough year.
I also get a lot of grand plans and I don’t know if I’ll be able to see it through, but I will try my best and it should be ok :wink: If I aim to do 5 presents a week I should be good. I will be using my embroidery machine…a lot!! I have SO many ideas for the people I work closely with it’s going to be hard to narrow it down! (I always do this…It’s so bad whenever I get a partner’s swap Q :woman_facepalming:t2: )

6 Likes

Thank you!
My big dream project for Christmas is a string of 24 small stockings to use for a countdown calendar. I want to make little numbered tags to mix around and put inside and then wrap 24 Winter/Christmas/Hanukkah books and number them so that each night we open a new book to add to the seasonal/holiday book shelf.

4 Likes

That just gave me a cool idea for a swap :wink:

3 Likes

It’s so inspiring to read through this thread! Now that it has snowed here (EARLY) UPS and FedEx will no longer drive up our mountain road again until the spring melt, so today I will pick up a few boxes at the UPS store (20-ish miles away) and will be able to finish one of the few handmade gifts I have planned for this year! YEY! I’ll also be picking up materials at JoAnn for another one, so maybe by the end of the weekend I’ll have finished two! Whoa, dudes.

4 Likes

Whoa is right!
It’s snowing here, too, but it won’t stick. Here’s to us having a great cozy crafty weekend! :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

I made soap today for the first time ever!

I have enough supplies for 12 bars of soap but my mold makes 3 at a time. I will probably make a lot of soap for Christmas gifts this year. Soap and a mask is the perfect 2020 gift, it’s cheap and easy to make and easy to ship.

15 Likes

Soap making and candle making are both on my radar for this year. We’ll see…

In the meantime, I made a few Christmas goodies for the winter decor swap:

A tiny house:

Wassail essential oils (add a few drops to a gallon of apple juice and you’re set)

Gift tags:

Kitchen towels:

12 Likes

That miniature is amazing! I’m always so impressed by all the super tiny things people make. I could never do that, I lack the patience I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Aw, thanks! It’s just so satisfying to see those tiny things come together.

2 Likes

Stitched these up this week! They are pretty quick to stitch, I finished two every night. They will be sewed into ornaments. I guess that’s the ornament part of my list done!

My friend organized her craft supplies and sent me a large box of stuff she no longer wanted. It contained tons of soap molds, among other things. Angel shaped ones that are not really my style but will be perfect for some family members. She also sent a bunch of Halloween molds so I guess that means she’ll get skull shaped soaps this year!

14 Likes

My goodness you are a fast cross stitcher! Or maybe your nights are just “longer” than mine? :upside_down_face:

This has it’s own thread, but I think it’s the first gift I have finished this year: cornhole game bags and a carrying case.

10 Likes

I’m a fast stitcher with lots of time on my hands! I work from home, when I’m done working at 5 I put away my laptop, make dinner, and after dinner I stitch! My partner works 5 nights a week and all my regular activities are cancelled of course.

2 Likes

The perfect :combination for completing a lot of projects! My stitch time is generally from about 8:00 - 9:30 or 10:00 in the evening.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to participate in this. I’ve got several Christmas crafts that are rolling around in my head.
-nutcracker watercolor paintings (I’m thinking between 3 and 5 of them)
-Christmas cards (I make some every year)
-felt ornaments (particularly kitties!)

That’s just a start. I don’t want to overwhelm myself. :smile:

5 Likes

I got another xmas gift checked off the list today! This gift box for my MIL who has been quilting the last few years.

11 Likes

This is so lovely! I’m sure she will cherish it. I can’t believe it’s paper and not fabric and wood.

2 Likes

I’m working on my holiday cards this week. The fronts will feature 3D-printed trees that can be used as ornaments.

5 Likes