Christmas Craftalong

Cuuuuute!

2 Likes

Adorable! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

My sis-in-law makes aprons that she attaches a dish towel to the front of to wipe your hands on, much more practical to me than wiping my hands on my apron, towels are so much more absorbent

5 Likes

Finished this one today, from a free kit that came with this month’s Cross Stitcher. Will probably finished into an ornament but probably with a backing fabric from my stash rather than the one that came with the kit.

17 Likes

Pretty! I love almost anything with a deer on it.

2 Likes

That’s very cute!

I havent even started my lists yet nevermind a project! Maybe i’ll allow myself a little time tonight after chores with a hot chocolate and a notebook to think on what i might like to work up. I know one thing I have been thinking about is a Christmas Countdown calendar idea. Maybe stockings on a line, maybe winter hats and mittens… basically just something cute into which one could out a little treat or something.

4 Likes

That sounds like a great idea! It doesn’t have to be complicated/time consuming at all but it will be a lot of fun to get a treat every day.

I haven’t really started on anything on my list either. Just had a bit of a bad day on Thursday and started this kit to cheer me up. My schedule for November and December will be hectic so now is the time to make some progress.

2 Likes

Hoe is everyone doing? I’ve bought a soap making kit and I’m thinking of gifting some homemade soap.

6 Likes

I looooove homemade soap! My mom always had a saying “ugly as homemade soap”, I don’t know what she was talking about because I think homemade soap is gorgeous!

5 Likes

I love the variety of ways home made soaps can be worked up. It gives so many opportunities for creativity.

I am still(!) working on my Big Blanket Project. It has been on again/off again for two years and I am determined to finish it this month and ship it to its intended recipient. It was originally supposed to be a Christmas gift so we can pretend it counts here haha! After that is finished I have one and a half yoga socks to finish and THEN I can put on my Mrs. Claus mop cap and Rock around the Clock. haha

4 Likes

Big Blanket Projects… I’ll pretend I don’t have one! I’ve been working on crochet one for more than a year.

I think homemade soaps are very pretty! They do look homemade, as in, they’re all slightly different, but I prefer that over mass produced soaps that all look exactly the same. I’m sure my mother and sister will like them.

I’ve come up with another great idea for my mother. She lives alone and before the pandemic she used to be extremely busy and had lots of friends over all the time. She says I don’t have to worry about her but I do think she’s a bit sad and lonely, and I get it. She built an amazing life for herself, starting over in a new city when she was 55, and she knows tons of people now. But being stuck at home on your own is boring. To make eating alone a bit more fun I’m thinking of making a special placemat and napkin for her that matches her good tablewear. Hopefully that makes eating alone a bit more fun.

5 Likes

I haven’t started crafting for this yet, but I did purchase 3 calendar tea towels from spoonflower yesterday to get my mom, grandma, aunt packages going!

Yes! I’m planning on some home made soap holiday gifts, too!

4 Likes

I finished some more of my Harry Potter ornaments, Bellatrix LeStrange and Professor Sprout. I think Sprout is my favorite.

17 Likes

Love Sprout! :seedling:

2 Likes

Love those HP ornaments!

My crafty mojo took a holiday so I’m hoping Monday morning it reports back to work! I do not want to find myself flipping that December calendar page and being caught by surprise that i had run out of time for stuff.

2 Likes

I’ll be keeping you company. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I keep joining swaps instead of holiday crafting…what is wrong with me, lol?!

7 Likes

Lol it’s like when I just keep starting WiPs and not finishing any.

3 Likes

OMG ME TOO!!
lol

3 Likes

I remember one year my mom made a huuuuuge batch of cinnamon scented soap. EVERYONE got soap for Christmas that year! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But it smelled so gooood!

7 Likes

Cinnamon soap sounds soooo good!! I’m probably going to make soap later this week.

I finished the first ornament today! Deer ornament

6 Likes