Christmas Game box

Edited to include checker pieces.
The side with the X’s is for when you “king” your checker.
Now that it has been gifted, I can post this.
A wood-burned game box I made for my son-in-law. There are also little mini spools I burned as checkers, but I forgot to take a picture :frowning:

27 Likes

nicely done! Looks very professional!

1 Like

Great work! Is the spiral side a game too? I haven’t seen that before.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks!
Yes, that is a cribbage board.

1 Like

What a thoughtful gift

1 Like

This is so thoughtful! The backgammon board is especially striking to me. I am sure he loved it.

1 Like

This. Is. Awesome. !!! Totally gorgeous! I love how the cribbage board spirals around.

Definitely ask for a picture of the checkers; I’d love to see them. What did you use for cribbage pegs?

1 Like

WOW! What a cool gift! And so beautifully rendered. I, too, would like to see the checkers and the cribbage pegs.

1 Like

Lovely job! That would be a pleasure to use.

1 Like

Beautiful job!

1 Like

This is phenomenal. I love the way you used the dots as different shades in the backgammon baord. So striking.

1 Like

Whoa! That is amazing!

1 Like

Wow, thanks everyone!
As for the pegs, I just bought some wooden pegs off Amazon. Also included were wooden dice. I will see if I can get a picture of the checkers.

1 Like

What a great idea! I love the way you did this!

1 Like

Excellently done!!

1 Like

Cribbage! I love the spiral. And the other games ate perfect. Any one up for a tournament?

1 Like

Beautiful, thoughtful, and practical!

1 Like

What a fantastic gift, especially during these stay-at-home days! I love the texture on the backgammon board and checker board. I thought the cribbage board was drilled into the cover, so I’m curious about how the pegs will stay in place. Your word burning skills are top notch!

1 Like

Hi, thank you!
The cribbage pegs are tapered, so they will only go in so far. Plus, I put a piece of 1/8 plywood on the other side so I had a smooth surface inside for the backgammon

1 Like

Clever! Now that I look closely, I can see the added layer for the cribbage board. I know that I would have been knocking the pegs everywhere if the holes weren’t drilled :slight_smile:

1 Like