Christmas Goodies: Santa Cookies, Candied Pecans, and Apple Pie

Happy Holidays, all! This season is when I do most of my baking and I was a busy bee the last few days. I started with candied pecans, which I made in the crockpot. I made jars of them as gifts for several people. Next up, Christmas cookies! These have been my go-to cookies for Santa for probably 5 years now. And lastly, an apple pie. My sister missed Thanksgiving because she was sick, so I promised her I’d make another for Christmas. I had leftover filling and crust, so I popped them into a couple of ramekins for mini pies.

Apple Pie by Grandma Ople Recipe from All Recipes

Santa’s Cookies Recipe from le Creme de la Crumb

13 Likes

I bet Santa is extra good to you, if you leave those out for him every year! Everything looks delicious.

2 Likes

Love homemade apple pies!

Your cookies look so seasonal…lots of yummy chocolate pieces!

2 Likes

Everything looks delicious!

1 Like

An excellent trio of holiday classics! I agree those cookies look yum!!

1 Like

Everything looks so good but I could definitely go for those cookies. they look scrumptious.

1 Like

I bet your house smelled AMAZING.

Dang. Now I want pie……pie is good for breakfast, right?

1 Like

I 100% endorse pie as a valid breakfast!

1 Like

If anyone would like the cookie recipe, it can be found here: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Santa's Cookies) - Creme De La Crumb. I came across it on Pinterest several years ago. Once in a while I make them outside of Christmas.

And the apple pie recipe is my go-to, found here: Apple Pie by Grandma Ople Recipe. I like to use a mix of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples. With this recipe you make a syrup to pour over the assembled pie before baking. I add cinnamon and/or pie spice to it, and replace 1 Tbsp. of the water with vanilla extract. I also mix half of the liquid with the apples before putting them in the crust.

1 Like

Hey Jen: I edited your post to add the recipe links in the main body of the thread.

And OMG guys, the apple pie was soooo good!

1 Like