Christmas Memory Quilt for my brother

This was my last project of 2020 :fireworks:

When my parents moved out of their last house they had a big garage sale, Mum practically emptied the linen cupboard and wanting to get rid of it all.

I sneakily took my younger brotherā€™s pillow cases and a sheet - with this project in mind. This was 9 years ago!!

Finally I made the quilt for my brother for this Christmas and he loved it! I finished the binding on Christmas morning :sweat_smile: nothing like last minute. Luckily we didnā€™t have to be at lunch until 12:30 and we had a relaxing morning at home.

Not the best photos - it was overcast on Christmas this year, first time it wasnā€™t stinking hot in years :stuck_out_tongue:

My helpers :stuck_out_tongue: :paw_prints:

12 Likes

That is such a thoughtful and awesome gift! Well done! I know that race to the finish line well, I think it should be a scout badge-style patch haha

More importantly, that first ā€œhelperā€ pic made me laugh out loud. That face! Either youā€™re not working up to the managerā€™s expectations there or someone is reminding you about snack breaks!

3 Likes

Race to the Finish Line does sound like a great patch! One I would earn over and over :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What a terrific gift! lol I bet a lot of us would earn that badge over and overā€¦it probably goes along with the Procrastination Badge as well lol

1 Like

Me too! And one to brag about.

(Slaps necklight and yarn onto table, points at patch and suddenly starts talking like from Captain Quint from Jaws)
ā€œYou see this one, got this one fiercely weaving in ends on a baby hat shaped like knightā€™s helm as my husband pulled into the hospital parkinglotā€¦ and this one (shifts in seat) was from when i was sewing the backing onto a wedding blanket by hand in a moving car on the way to the reception!ā€

:joy:

4 Likes

:joy: :joy:

What a great gift! Iā€™m sure it will be treasured!

What a clever and thoughtful gift. I love your helpers.

1 Like

I love it! What a great present. Your doggies are adorable!

1 Like

Thank you! So is yours :dog::paw_prints:

Super duper! Iā€™m so glad you snagged them!

1 Like