Christmas Tree Trio

At the beginning of November, a coworker and I took a class to make these lovely clay Christmas trees. After we got walked through how to make the first one, we were able to make as many as we could in the time remaining (and with the available clay). I was happy to end up with 3 altogether. We picked out our glazes and they took care of that step for us. We were able to pick them up after Thanksgiving. They look so pretty with a candle inside (I used a battery-operated tea light, but I could use a real one).

25 Likes

These are loaded with charm! It sounds like a fun class, too!

1 Like

Oooh, those are wonderful! It’s cool that they let you make more than one.

Oh these are great, and you have a neat little forest now. I like the touch of charm or whimsy with one curving a bit.

1 Like

the curved one is my favorite, too, but they’re all cute!

Thank you!

We were limited by time and by the amount of clay she had prepped. We had to pay a firing fee for each one (but they were having a 50% off sale on the fees, fortunately). I could have probably made a tiny one with the clay scraps that were left, but I didn’t want to be greedy.

The curved one happened because I slightly bent the tip when I added the star. It was just bent enough to make me crazy, so I bent it a little more to make it look intentional!

They were a lot of fun to make (and easy!), and I’d like to make a smaller set next year.

5 Likes

So charming! Love them all!

1 Like

That’s so cool! I want to try pottery so bad but just haven’t had the opportunity yet.
I love your trio of trees!

1 Like

They are gorgeous!
That must have been such an awesome class. I wish I’d been there too.

1 Like

These are so sweet!

1 Like

Thank you! They were easier to make than I expected, but we didn’t have to roll out the clay. The instructor also had templates to trace and cutting tools to make the stars and the shapes in the trees.

I definitely want to do it again next year! The first class filled up so fast that they added a second one.

I really love these!!

Thank you! They make me happy!

So sweet! You did a great job making them whimsical!

1 Like

I love the little curvy one on the right! and the trio together is just so calming. love them.

1 Like

Thank you! I have a spot to put them next year. It doesn’t have an electrical outlet nearby, but since I can use battery operated tea lights, these are the perfect solution to cheer up an otherwise boring spot.

HEY-OH! Your fabulous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

What a fun class! I like how each of your trees has its own unique look!

1 Like

Thanks! I tried to make them different yet coordinating. I thought I picked 3 different glazes for the trees, but 2 look the same.

1 Like