Christmas Typography Hoops

Someone - I can’t remember who - had stitched and posted one of these patterns last year. I loved it, and immediately downloaded a digital copy of the magazine they were from so that I could stitch them up in time for this year.

The designs are by Emma Congdon, and were featured in the November 2020 issue of Cross Stitcher magazine. I changed them around just a little bit to suit my fancy: classic reds and greens instead of the pinks and chartreuses in the original designs, red beads instead of cross-stitches for the holly berries, and a bit of gold metallic thread for flair.

TypoHoop4

I stitched them on 14-count white opalescent aida cloth (although the sparkles don’t show very well in these pictures) and framed them in 4" wooden hoops I spray-painted with iridescent glitter paint. I’m really happy with how they came out!

Thanks for looking!

12 Likes

Very pretty and festive!

1 Like

Beautiful! I’ve been wanting to stitch them ever since last year, I love the colours you used!

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like

Oh wonderful, love the holly berries as a touch of bling.

1 Like

These are wonderful!

1 Like

Super cool!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I love the combination of homey cross stitch with the glamour of the various sparklies! They look great on that particular plaid background, too!

2 Likes

Want to know a secret? I originally bought that plaid fabric to make seasonal-ish masks and then realized what a nice background it made for crafty photos, haha.

1 Like

:joy: That’s awesome!

1 Like