Christmasy table runner

My first completed project of 2020! I actually did 99.99% of it yesterday, but had to sew down the binding edge today. I got the pattern and the fabric from an elderly lady I know. I’m not normally one for quilting, but I thought my table needed a little extra pizzazz. Plus, this was super easy. 5" squares and a backing. It was one of those satisfyingly quick projects.

12 Likes

It looks great. Amazing how some simple shapes cut from interesting fabric and well stitched together can make for an impressive project. Nicely done :).

1 Like

Wonderful table runner. Your fabric choices are lovely. Happy New Year!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks! I think I have enough of that fabric left to make one for each of my family. haha! Happy New Year!

I love how you stitched the binding, it adds a fancy little touch!

1 Like

Thank you! I knew my stitch-in-the-ditch skills weren’t good enough to hide it (and I was too impatient to do it by hand), so I figured I’d use a stitch that was meant to be seen!

It’s a simple design but also pretty, I love that it’s not square at the edges :smiley: And being 99.99% done is my thing :stuck_out_tongue: good that you managed to finish that last 0.01% :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!
We might be two peas in a pod. I have so many UFOs that get abandoned at about that stage in favor of something new and shiny. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

As long as we know about our issue we can work through it, then most likely quit when we’re 99.99% through working to get better XD But I’m trying to get better :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: Probably! But now we’ve got all this accountability…

1 Like

That’s a lovely table runner. I’m sure your family will be happy to have one too.

1 Like

Lovely table runner and I like the way you styled it. I absolutely HATE binding so your solution of showing added a cute touch to it that I like a lot.

1 Like