Christmouse Cheer: Needle Felting

19 Likes

Oh, my! He looks straight out of a children’s storybook - and I love how his hatband matches the candy cane!

3 Likes

Squeeee! So cuuuute!!

1 Like

Awwww, he’s like a mousey Scrooge, post-ghost-visit! XD

3 Likes

EEEP! So stinking cute!

1 Like

How sweet is this?? I love everything about him! And that candy cane is just as big as he is! Adorable!!

1 Like

Thank you @wittychild, @Bunny1kenobi, @roler, & @kittykill!!

One of my oldest friends asked me to make him a mouse for Christmas! It’s his favorite holiday!
I made two top hats after resizing a pattern I found online which was for a leather steampunk hat for a Barbie. After making the first, I modified the pattern to have a larger brim which I was able to shape to fit the mouse better. :smiley: Fiddly to put together, but I’m pleased!

5 Likes

How you made him look so kind and bright and expressive, and the lace details on his jacket…! The tiny glasses!! There’s something so sweetly nostalgic about him, and the colors remind me of an old favorite book, with vibrant watercolor illustrations.

3 Likes

ohhhh, my heart.

annnnnnd, I’m dead again.

1 Like

How? How is each one more adorable than the last?!
(Needless to say, I love him! So adorable and festive!)

2 Likes

Your mouse is adorable!! He looks like the mayor of Christmouse Town! I love his little glasses and he looks so well put together in his Christmassy outfit.

2 Likes

Thank you @nettleseed, @AntBee, @MegAskunk, & @AudiobookLover!! :mouse:

I spent some time making felt cloth to use for his outfit. I wanted him to be very “Dickensish” without being drab. Ended up with some felt cloth that I didn’t use, partially because of the color we (my son and I) chose to make him in. Currently I have 3 colors which are very nice for mice: Mocha, which I’ve used on most of them; Milk Chocolate & Copper. For a Scrooge-like mouse, I had to use Copper. :wink:

Before I covered him in the copper fiber, I had tried the top-hat on him and that seriously would have made a good Ghost of Christmouse Present. lol!!

I had seriously considered giving him spats too, but his legs are so short and his feet are so long! lol!! I tried just doing the spats on the feet and that didn’t look right.

2 Likes

I’m going to miss this guy when he leaves home!!
I usually don’t have favorites, but this one is right up there! :smiley: :christmas_tree: :mouse:

1 Like

He is def ready for holiday happiness! And I really appreciate your color choices.

1 Like

Thank you!!

I had made several felt cloths to use for his clothes and laid them all out on my work table to compare and decide which to use. The rejected felt cloths will get used for something else. The heather grey is a mix of two types of fiber (probably Merino and Corriedale). Normally I work with just Merino, but I bought a bag of the mixed fibers because the colors were useful. :mouse:

1 Like

He looks like the mayor of Mouseville!

1 Like

Thanks!!

Is Mouseville a children’s book or something? He does look very "mayor"ly. I was going for Dickens, maybe Scrooge after the haunting, or Cratchit who was always nice.

1 Like

Its from The Green Mile-the story of Mr. Jingles

1 Like

I love him so much!

1 Like

Thank you!!

I’m getting better at mouse haberdashery which is always an interesting part of making these creatures!. None of the clothes are sewn. :wink: :mouse:

2 Likes