Christmouse cookies

My husband wanted a treat to leave in the teachers lounge at work, and I can’t resist a good pun, so I made a big batch of Christmouse cookies for him to share. They are a shortbread cookies (from a very old Martha Stewart Magazine) with almond ears and piped on eyes nose and tails. They were a hit, and most of the cookies are eaten…but I did get to try a few of these!

22 Likes

Those are so cute! And a great pun.

1 Like

They are too cute to eat!

2 Likes

How cute! Those little piped details really make them.

1 Like

So cute! Delicious looking meeces.

1 Like

Mmmm, yum!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

Of course they were a hit, they are adorable and look delicious. Was it difficult to cook them all the way through since they were thicker than a normal shortbread cookie?

2 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

Adorable. If they weren’t all eaten, would you leave them out for the other mice? Eww, or would that be a type of cannibalism?

1 Like

I was worried about that, and they did have to bake for a lot longer than a typical cookie (25-30minutes) but none of them burnt and they were all cooked all the way through. I baked them on silicone mats, which I think helped the bottoms to not get too toasty during the long bake time.

As adorable as the real mice are, I try to keep them outside and away from my kitchen…so I think it’s safest to eat them all instead of tempting the wild mice . “But honey…we have to eat the spare mouse cookies, we don’t want to attract the real ones!” Just the excuse I need for a second tea time. :smile:

Hahaha! I would have laughed in person, then eaten one cronchily.

1 Like

Such sweet treats!
(Pun intended.)
You did a great job.

1 Like

These are so cute!! I would have a hard time eating them, they are so adorable!

1 Like